Print Thread
#557502 25/10/14 09:08 PM
B
Burgee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Thinking of buying this game more for the toolset than the game itself.

How is it? Would you recommend it?

Is it a viable toolset for creating a full game?

B
stranger
stranger
B
It's not fully documented. You can take a look at many of the things the toolset can do in the sticky with the downloaded docs about the toolset.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
It's got a bit of a learning curve before it does things you want it too, but it is powerful. It's pretty much the same same thing Larian used to make the game. So if you want to make an expansion of the original source hunter adventures it's relatively easy. There are a few things you can't do as far as I'm aware, importing animations and icons are a couple of things. However I think they are being addressed. Larian is apparently working on updating their editor for they are planning to use it in later projects.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Broken completely
At least the GoG version crashes on startup.
And another post about it says there isn't even an ETA for a fix.
Maybe if you bought the game through steam its not, but if you prefer the non-DRM route, don't bother.

This is where Steam/Valve is probably the ugliest - trying to monopolize the modding community
Sure you can publish your mods on steam... of course no one who purchased the game via other channels can access your mods...

I can understand how the lack of DRM is a great scaring point for the business end of games and they do provide a good distribution system and set of community tools and community as well but they make it really easy to lock out any one that purchased the game via any competitors.
There they really screw the games and the publisher as well mostly in the name of "more market share"

Link Copied to Clipboard