Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Koveras Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
I've encountered following behavior with painting the terrain multiple times: I am creating a new terrain, a flat one, and import some paints for it, say, GrassGreen_A and RoadStones_A. When I start painting with them, everything goes well until I encounter a strip of the terrain which it simply refuses to paint over, regardless of brush settings. I just mouse all over it and it stays bare. Is it something that's intended but I don't understand yet?

EDIT: With some experimenting I figured out that it seems like the paint tool seems to think the mouse cursor is not where I think it is. Namely, when I try to paint one area, grass suddenly appears in another, several meters away, and the same thing with deleting. It's like there is some kind of invisible offset but I am sure I didn't set it.

Last edited by Koveras; 27/10/14 08:08 PM.
K
Koveras Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
OK, I think I figured it out. The paint tool seems to have this problem with terrains that a) are smaller than the default 64x64 cells, b) have non-square "resolutions" (i.e. rectangle), and c) have dimensions that are not powers of 2. I was having this problem in particular on my 50x30 terrain, but my old 64x64 never had it. Such things would be nice to know before I created most of the level on a faulty terrain. :-/

I also noticed something strange: I don't seem to be able to create terrains of sizes slightly larger than 64x64, e.g. 90x70: the resulting terrains always default to 64x64. I can, however, create a 300x300 terrain, which is weird.

old hand
old hand
Thats all you need really. A nice big even square. All the excess space you have left after you can just cover with darkness or make unavailable to camera.

Link Copied to Clipboard