Next Thread
Print Thread
#557747 30/10/14 03:22 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello to everyone. My question is so simply but so hard to solve : is there any mod that allow to play in 3 player coop? I tried with most of mods in the net ,but they don t work.I try with hex editor too searching string of players number: i didn t find it. Thanks!

Support
Support

For the hex edit method, the term you need to search for is NumPlayers near the start of the '..\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Main_1.pak' file.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
OH thank u !

K
stranger
stranger
K
I think the latest patch just broke this.

Every time I edit Main_1.pak to "4" players it crashes the game. Before the latest patch, I never had a problem with this mod.

Did something change?

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Someone can point me out to how to do the HEx method (for Mac)?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by eponette
Someone can point me out to how to do the HEx method (for Mac)?

I think all you need to do is find a hex editor using google (this part I can't help you with), then navigate to where Main_1.pak is.. and just edit the file like on PC, no ? Just make sure you make a backup of the file since I think currently the modification makes the game crash and you will need to restore the original file if it does.

Support
Support

Make the backup in a different folder, though. One person reported crashes on startup just having an extra backup pak file (with a different extension) in the Data folder. Another had a crash on startup with a couple temporary (also renamed) pak files in that folder, that Steam apparently didn't clean up properly after an update.

Raze #558168 07/11/14 04:20 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Hmm.. Raze, good to know..
Let me try moving the backup file to a different directory when I edit the main_1.pak .. maybe that is causing my crashes all of a sudden ? BTW, where did you read about the crashes? I haven't seen anything on here in a while.

katscan #558193 08/11/14 06:26 AM
Support
Support

The first case was reported in the forum (here) a month and a half ago; the second was from a support email around the same time.

Raze #558443 11/11/14 03:03 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Raze

The first case was reported in the forum (here) a month and a half ago; the second was from a support email around the same time.

Raze.. THANK YOU SO MUCH !! You are awesome. I couldn't (originally) find any reference to what you mentioned, but you are correct ! Your advice completely worked.

The presence of a Main_1_copy.pak file in the directory in addition to the modified Main_1.pak file was crashing the game. With the original Main_1.pak in a separate directory, the game works flawlessly for 4 players now (after editting the Main_1.pak)

I cannot thank you enough !

Link Copied to Clipboard