Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
So what's with the GoG version of the toolset being completely broken?
I see errors in the logs about the serializer being too old for the serialized objects and I see what might be a problem where the toolset is trying to connect to a network lobby which I believe doesn't exist for GoG yet.

Is it GoG slow with providing a new version of the toolset to their customers or is Larian the source of this?

I see comments about this where there is an obviously newer version of the engine toolset on steam.

Should we be hounding GoG or Larian or someone else in hopes of this getting fixed?

Support
Support

The bug report for the GOG version of the editor crashing when opening or creating a new module has a 'target version' set to be fixed for the next large patch. I don't know what the current timeline is on that, though.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I did a lot of digging into this, I ended up speaking to both GoG and Larian support because I bought this game literally JUST for the toolkit.

From my conversation with Larian support, I gathered that GoG.com updates Divinity whenever patches come out, but they never updated the toolkit. Larian was not aware of this issue and suggested GoG update the toolkit download ASAP. Larian support told me that GoG would be updating the toolkit in the coming days (this was a week ago now). The old toolkit apparently doesn't work with the newer patches on Divinity.

I was impatient though and I asked GoG to refund the game (they did) so I could purchase it from Steam (I did).

Check the toolkit for updates though, it may be fixed you'll just have to re-download it.

Whether this info is credible or not, I don't know.

Last edited by Burgee; 04/11/14 06:24 AM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Thanks for taking the effort to follow up with both camps.
Your explanation of the situation sounds like the sort of mix up that is likely to occur.

Let's hope GOG does provide a new toolkit.

Or I wonder if there is actually a need for a separate Steam vs non-steam tool kit. If so it would be great if Larian could just provide a link to where it could be downloaded.

old hand
old hand
Looks like the new version hit GOG.com. Just downloaded.

Originally Posted by black_koffee

Or I wonder if there is actually a need for a separate Steam vs non-steam tool kit. If so it would be great if Larian could just provide a link to where it could be downloaded.

Well certainly it makes sense for steam to have one in the library. But It should be possible for Larian to make that publicly available instead of just to DOS owners. That way you could use it with a DOS copy from any platform.

In the interim while the toolset was broken on GOG.com I used the Steam toolset with my GOG copy of the game. Worked perfectly fine. Of course this was only an option since I have copies on both platforms.

This issue will work itself out as patches slow down.

Link Copied to Clipboard