Next Thread
Print Thread
T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T

Every time a topic like this gets made all the clowns pour out of the woodwork to post completely idiotic and unrealistic replies. So if all you're going to do is criticize and be stupid then you're going to get told off.

I don't give one rats ass what people's view points are about what I'm posting about, how easy they think something is, how it's a game meant to think, this game doesn't hold your hand, it sucks to be you, no one else had a problem any any other bullshit that gets shoveled into this subject.

These things are a problem FOR ME AND A FEW OTHER PEOPLE and that's all there is to it.

1. Everything that is a quest item NEEDS TO BE LABELED AS A QUEST ITEM.
It's one thing for an item to be involved in a quest, and for a player to do some looking around for the information, but it's a completely different story to not label items involved in quests AS QUEST ITEMS, to at let the player at least know the item is related to a quest.

2. Be consistent with the information, for example, the mushroom at the witches Cabin that says there is something nearby that will break the barrier.

I don't care if people know what that means, to me the only meaning that has is that there is something on the ground one or two screens away that can be highlighted on the ground and then picked up, that gets used when you click on the barrier, thus removing the barrier. There is nothing on the ground nearby the hut that can be used to remove the force field. So to me there is no way into the hut because the only way to remove the barrier doesn't exist according to the information that the mushroom says.

Again there is no misunderstanding or anything to misread. it says what it says, I didn't misread anything the game says there is something on the ground a few screens away that will remove the barrier so then therefore there is supposed to be something on the ground a few screens away from the hut that will remove the barrier. If there isn't anything on the ground, then the game is broken and that part cannot be passed because it tells you something is in a place it's not.

That's what it says and means to me and there is nothing anyone can say otherwise that will change my viewpoint. Saying it's not on the ground so that proves it is wrong, all that proves is the game devs set it up so that part of the game cannot be passed with the information they gave because what the player is informed about, doesn't actually exist where it's supposed to.

F
stranger
stranger
F
This game is a throwback to the days where puzzles in games were hard. Take everything that you just said... stack on some terrible game mechanics and the fact that the internet (as we know it now) didn't exist... and you have a hit game from the 90s.

Last edited by Fronkles; 10/11/14 04:29 AM.
T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
Originally Posted by Fronkles
This game is a throwback to the days where puzzles in games were hard. Take everything that you just said... stack on some terrible game mechanics and the fact that the internet (as we know it now) didn't exist... and you have a hit game from the 90s.

Not even close, this is a poorly and inconsistently programmed game, done in the modern day that has no excuse for being released in the condition it's in only to have people say look it up and treat this as something it's not. Whenever a developer gets lazy the defense mechanism every moronic gamers flocks to saying is LOOK IT UP..

I refuse to look up anything that is the developers responsibility.

The internet has made developers get out of doing their job as well as gamers think that the internet has become school.

Sure there isn't anything that cannot be looked up but that's totally irrelevant. Games are not school, and developers that do not do their job correctly shouldn't be getting paid.

Last edited by tx3000; 10/11/14 04:45 AM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by tx3000

Not even close, this is a poorly and inconsistently programmed game, done in the modern day that has no excuse for being released in the condition it's in only to have people say look it up and treat this as something it's not. Whenever a developer gets lazy the defense mechanism every moronic gamers flocks to saying is LOOK IT UP..

The internet has made developers get out of doing their job as well as gamers think that the internet has become school.

Sure there isn't anything that cannot be looked up but that's totally irrelevant. Games are not school, and developers that do not do their job correctly shouldn't be getting paid.

If only you were born a decade or 2 earlier!

You have the mindset of a 90s gamer, but you're getting your first taste of the difficulty of 90s games (and it really is just a taste.) The game isn't trying fall into standard that modern games have created, its a throwback to the golden age of gaming where there were no cookie cutter molds for games.

I do admit that there are a lot of bugs and parts of the game that can be improved, but the two areas that you pointed out are actually designed that way and are "working as intended."

Making a game is an art. And just like other arts, you can't really call something bad just because you personally don't like the way it looks.

T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
I've been around long before 80's so don't talk down to me but that's irrelevant to this situation. This is 2014, not the 80's/90's where there was no other option. Today developers have zero excuse for producing/releasing late 80's early 90's games that lack any form of REAL PLAYABILITY...NONE

In the old days if a game said there was something nearby,then there really was something nearby. In todays games when your'e told something is nearby it means anything from right below you all the way up to 3 continents away...SO there is no common sense when it comes to this it's called get lucky..Has nothing to do with how anyone thinks or if anyone can figure anything out..ALL 100% LUCK

So knock off the bullshit and quit changing the subject.

Bottom line is if game developers cannot explain today's games, then they shouldn't be making them. An early game under today means the game is incomplete because the resources are there to make it whole.

So just quit comparing old games to today because it doesn't work..

Last edited by tx3000; 10/11/14 06:22 AM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
I've been around long before 80's so don't talk down to me but that's irrelevant to this situation. This is 2014, not the 80's/90's where there was no other option. Today developers have zero excuse for producing/releasing late 80's early 90's games that lack any form of REAL PLAYABILITY...NONE

Right here is the part where you fail to understand:

What excuses do developers have for producing/relasing late 80's early 90's games? Because they wanted to. What more reason do they need than that?

Oh also, 19,500 gave them almost a million dollars to do it, which is an even bigger reason to do something than just wanting to.

enthusiast
enthusiast
don't bother with him, he's back from his latest ban I see ^^

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
old hand
old hand
Well to be honest on the one hand the op is right that that specific quest is a bit obtuse; on the other hand the op expression is overly harsh esp the part with regards to "... there is no excuse ...";

I think using the comment "it is a throw back ..." is a bit lame in evaluation of the specific complaint. The question is does the game provide enough of a hint or description that a reasonably intelligent person could stumble upon the solution. Clearly the person writing the quest already knows the solution and is not really a good candidate to evaluate 'reasonable'.

I solved this quest (not sure if I stumble upon the solution myself or used google; been a few months) but either way I do remember it being a bit obtuse for a required quest.
-
For the op I would recommend that you tone down your post if you want to folks to seriously evaluate your specific issue with the game; given the tone you are inciting people to focus on the flamatory aspect more than the specific complaint.

C
C
Yeah I just read his latest spree because he posted something in a topic I participated in. And he calls everybody trolls and such.

Just ignore him I guess.

T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
OH FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU PEOPLE ARE SUCH RETARDS. I'm so sick and tired of gamers bending the definitions of words just so they can be right. If the developer is going to change definition by twisting it out of context, THEN THEY NEED TO TELL THE PLAYER THEY CHANGED IT. But yet gamers refer to that as hand holding and call someone dumb for not knowing what they were never told.

So I'm going to end this now:
At the witches hut, the mushroom says THERE IS SOMETHING NEARBY THAT WILL BREAK THE BARRIER.

The developer didn't explain they changed any definitions or meanings so that means YOU'RE TOLD TO GO WALK AROUND UNTIL YOU FIND THE ITEM THAT IS A FEW SCREENS AWAY.

SOMETHING is talking about an item.
NEARBY ONLY MEANS A few screens away in any direction you can go in.

Since I was told there is an item a few screens away I can use to break the barrier, THEN GUESS WHAT, I EXPECT AN ITEM TO BE A FEW SCREENS AWAY.

If that's not what it means THEN THE DEVELOPER IS FUCKING DUMB AND DOES NOT KNOW WHAT ANYTHING MEANS.

They might as well use the word GREEN and have everyone try and say it's obvious that GREEN MEANS BUILDING you're just too stupid to figure that out and this game requires thinking.

That's exactly just how stupid you gamers sound when you blame a player for not knowing what a developer did not bother to explain.

You asshole gamers need to get the concept of how language works instead of making excuses for poorly explained game mechanics then trying to say it's the players fault for not knowing what the fuck the developer is talking about.

END OF DISCUSSION YOU MORONS.

Last edited by tx3000; 10/11/14 05:29 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I am not saying you are an idiot.

But I am saying there are enough hints combined to point you in several good directions that to quote something isolated and out of context means that the quoter probably mixes a southpark sequel with an introduction into quantum mechanics.

Regards,
Thorsten

T
tx3000 Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
T
@Thorsten
Saying there are enough hints, is exactly like trying to say to people who have a hard time with math, that it's easy.

It's nothing more than an user opinion that has no facts to support it or back it up, it's also not even relevant to this.

Last edited by tx3000; 10/11/14 11:56 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F

SOMETHING is talking about an item.
NEARBY ONLY MEANS A few screens away in any direction you can go in.

Provide proof that "Nearby only means a few screens away in any direction you can go."

T
stranger
stranger
T
Yeah there is something nearby that can break the barrier... Your sword impacting the mushrooms stalk.

Link Copied to Clipboard