Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#559420 03/12/14 03:05 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I am trying out character ideas and getting a handle on the game in preparation for this weekend when friend and I will begin the campaign.

When does one first get access to a lockpick? I am checking out the tutorial dungeon and there are several locked chests but I haven't found a single lock pick yet. I know I can bash them open but that really seems to chew up a weapon.

thanks

p.s. I tried using the search function for both lockpick and lock pick and got no results for either.

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
Libertine #559421 03/12/14 03:35 AM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
First ones I found were for sale on the second floor of wahtever the cyseal inn / tavern was called.

Libertine #559422 03/12/14 04:11 AM
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
There are three lockpicks in the tutorial dungeon. One in the first large room with the center tomb - one of the chests you try to open will say something about looking for a lockpick, and it's right next to the chest. Bashing that chest is not advised, it's got a high durability specifically to encourage you to use the lockpick, I'd imagine. The other two are in the area with the burning crates that you need to use water barrels or the rain scroll on. One will be on the opposite direction of the chest with the trap on it, sitting on top of a crate. The other will be near the large stone door, by some searchable containers.

Use ALT to highlight objects and see them more easily.

You can also make 4 lockpicks with hammer + 9 inch nails, and you can reliably get nails from the mortician.

Libertine #559423 03/12/14 04:40 AM
Support
Support

Lockpicks can also be crafted with: needle + needle, or soap + key (nails are more common, though).

Link Copied to Clipboard