Print Thread
#560835 04/01/15 04:55 AM
I
Ikiryo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
When I went to kill Ahru's robot for the Fabulous Five quest today, I noticed that my universal remote was missing, along with ALL my other quest items (keys are unaffected).

I had placed all quest items in the Sheep's Carcass for storage and it has totally vanished. I have checked all of my companions' inventories and even checked all the vendors I can think of in town but I can't find it.

Does anyone know if there's an issue with the carcass disappearing? Is it even possible to sell? I hope that there won't be too many quests that become broken because of this, I'm really disappointed.

All help appreciated.

Support
Support

The sheep's corpse doesn't show up directly in the trade window. You would have to place it in another container to be able to sell it.

Did you talk to Bertia about her stolen sheep? That will give the corpse to her.

Do you have a recent save you can reload?

The Save Game Editor may be able to transfer the sheep's corpse from an old save to a new one.

You can email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, all but your latest save can be deleted from the zip.

I
Ikiryo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Thank you for the help Raze. I did indeed speak to Bertia about her missing sheep, I didn't realise I had handed her the corpse. Unfortunately, all my recent saves show the corpse as missing.

I am just going to take the opportunity to start the game from scratch. I'm disappointed to lose all the progress I have but I would rather not miss out on anything I may lose going forward.

I really appreciate your help, I'll make sure to email Larian with the issue. I can't be the only person who used the corpse as storage!

Support
Support

If you don't have an older save in your current game with the sheep, maybe try going directly for it in a new game, and then use the save editor to transfer that to your latest save. The quest items should show up, since they are still list as being in container number whatever, and you can make a duplicate of that container.

I tested this in a save where I had given Bertia the sheep containing some quest items, a teleporter pyramid and some books, and after using the save editor to export the sheep in a save where it was empty and import in a save after 'loosing' the quest items, I got everything back. I didn't test using a sheep from a different playthrough.

I tried just adding a sheep's corpse [Corpse ("Gen_Corpse_Heavy"), 3/4 the way down the Generic list], as well, using the Sheep corpse mod template, but that didn't work. I didn't compare the 2 and see if there was just something else I have to change.

If you dont want to restart there is always the option of killing Bertia to get the sheep's corpse to appear. You can then just loot it.

It may not be ideal if you dont want to kill friendlies but its a solution nonetheless; thank you for reporting this though.

Support
Support

So after the convoluted solution I proposed... violence is the answer. evil

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard