Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I've been hoping for a working editor.
But since I didn't buy the game via Steam, I can't get an updated editor.

I've asked on GOG before and didn't get a useful answer before.
But in the last day or two one of the GOG staff responded to a request stating

"If we ever get an updated editor, we'll be more than happy to add it smile "

So just how can we get a working editor for those that purchased from GOG?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Are you sure it's not updated?

If it helps, I bought the GoG version of Divinity, and refunded it citing the broken editor. I bought it from steam soon after. I did E-mail with Larian a few times, here is a snippet:

On 10/31/2014 10:34 AM, David Walgrave <David.Walgrave@Larian.com> wrote:
I talked to GOG about this and helped them identify the problem. The issue is that their version of the editor is really old, and they keep updating the game but not the editor. I informed them that they should update the editor as well because the old version will not work with the new data of the updated game.

They will fix this in the coming days.

Thanks for making this known to us cause it seems to have been lost for a month....

Cheers,

David

---------------------------------------------

On 10/30/2014 5:34 PM, Brian B wrote:
I'll let you know - GoG is issuing me a reimbursement which I will
use to buy the game from Steam network. The error I am having seems
to only occur to customers who have purchased the GoG version of the
game.

GOG was really good about issuing the refund - I was happy with the service. If you truly bought the game for the toolkit and the toolkit won't work then pursue this route.

Last edited by Burgee; 11/02/15 01:42 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by black_koffee

I also use the GOG version and yeah the editor is still out of date. It was actually up to date until the most recent patch which is also rare.

Last time I sent larian support an email and they updated it about 2 weeks later IIRC. I suggest you do that in case they miss this thread.

Since I have both the steam and GOG.com versions of the game I simply copy and paste the editor files from steam to use for my GOG copy. So I stopped bugging them after every patch.

Support
Support

They didn't miss this thread. I was going to check on that later; it'll be morning in Belgium in a couple hours (though I won't necessarily get an immediate reply).

Support
Support

There should be an update soon.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Does this new version on Steam allow you to do any chnages to talents?

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by SniperHF

I also use the GOG version and yeah the editor is still out of date. It was actually up to date until the most recent patch which is also rare.

Last time I sent larian support an email and they updated it about 2 weeks later IIRC. I suggest you do that in case they miss this thread.

Since I have both the steam and GOG.com versions of the game I simply copy and paste the editor files from steam to use for my GOG copy. So I stopped bugging them after every patch.

What? GoG had an updated editor for a brief period of time?
I purchased the game quite awhile ago and the for over 2 months GoG couldn't put an updated editor.
I then gave up on it and just finished the game and moved on.
I was recently just checking on things and due to GoG's asinine numbering of files that doesn't match the game version I can't tell if they've managed to get a new editor or not.
So was this working editor from back last year maybe in August or was it early this year?

Last edited by black_koffee; 12/02/15 07:42 AM.
old hand
old hand

What??? GoG had an updated editor for awhile?

The editor was up to date for the last patch until just a few weeks ago when Larian released a new patch. So like November till mid January it was all up to date on the GOG side.

Since GOG doesn't keep back patches I keep a library of them and just compare those obtuse GOG.com version numbers. Also Backup the game and editor folders before patching.

Support
Support

The_Ravager
I don't think so.

SniperHF
You can actually contact GOG support to get links for patches that were removed from the library.

Link Copied to Clipboard