Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DedEye Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi this is my first post here and I hope you guys can help because my email to the Larians didn't help .

Ok after ringing the bell and going through the cut scenes I cant do anything because my character is sent off to a black area of the minimap although the camera remains focused on the ceramony area .

I can open inventory and change weapons although I can,t drink potions or activate spells or even try and move ,holding down shift to scroll the screen does nothing aswell .
The Larians advice was to press capslock to centre on my character ,guess what (: thats right .

Sytem info......

Game version 1.34 installed before starting the game .
AMD XP 1ghz
Radeon 9700 pro
1024megs DDR pc333 ram
Swap file 1055 megs
Direct X 9.0b
No cd crack is being used to avoid disk swapping all the time and I did try going through this stage of the game with the play disk in but came back with the same result.

I guess unless anybody has a better Idea I will have to reinstall without the crack ,If that is the problem .

Thanks .

Support
Support
[color:"orange"]I will have to reinstall without the crack ,If that is the problem.[/color]

That is the problem, though AFAIK inserting the play CD usually lets you continue. Did you make a backup of the executable before installing the no-CD hack? If so, you may just have to re-name the backup to 'div.exe' to play through that section without the hack. Re-installing the patch might get rid of the hacked version, as well.

D
DedEye Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Thanks I will give it a try ,I think I Patched before I cracked I realy hope this works ,If not I will reinstall .

D
DedEye Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Yup reinstalling the patch worked .
When you try to play it asks for play disk 3 .
The reason it freezes is because the game is looking for a video scene which is only on the disk ,so I havn't tried this yet but I guess it can be cracked again after the video sequence ,there are three videos in total for the game .

Support
Support
You can crack it again, though the end game video also requires the play CD in the drive.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard