Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I keep one backpack for all quest items, so I don't accidently mess with them.

Well, I was trying to finish the Nadia quest in Silverglen, I was sure I had the paper proving the mayor knew about the rot thing and etc. Since I had no dialog optiong to finish the quest I went to check I had indeed taken the paper and alas! All the items in my backpack had disappeared! All the quest items. I checked the auto and quicksaves, it happened quite a while ago and I never noticed because, well, I never check it, I just throw quest items in there and leave it alone. The las time I had the items was in a autosave. Reloading is absolutely not an option, I won't waste time like this.

Anyone had some similar issue? Or know a way to fix it? I have the saves where I last had the items.

Last edited by Angelfire; 13/03/15 06:28 AM.
Support
Support

When you had the backpack open at some point, could you have clicked the 'take all' button/hotkey rather than 'close'? If you did that with another character selected, the items could be in that character's inventory.

Could you have sold the wrong backpack?

If you are playing in Windows, the Save Game Editor could be used to add items to your latest save, or transfer items from an earlier one to the latest.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the reply.

No, I didn't hit the "take all" button, that's sure. About maybe selling the backpack, sure, that's what I thought too at first. I tried retracing the steps from the first save where it disappeared and also replaying the first save where I had it, so that I could see if I could've indeed sold/dropped it. Tried this for a while but couldn't find anything. The autosave is so old that I rather looked for it like that instead of reloading. But it's very unlikely that this could've happened, not only my bartering character only has one backpack for such things I don't usually sell backpacks, always find some use for them or leave with another character.

I will give this save game editor a try. Thanks again.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I had this with a earth staff. The weird thing about this was that I could see it in the barter window.

There is a work around: put it in the trade window and then put it back in your inventory (so not trading). After that I could see it again in my normal inventory

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard