Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Hi, first of all i would like to ask if someone can point me out to the guide to convert the sound files to something i can hear because i like the soundtrack and i would love to have it, and i heard its the only way to have it full.

Review:

This game is amazing, seriously, at first i had trouble getting into it because the lack of voice acting and the pixel hunting but as i progresed in the story i really liked it, granted i have it since the last year and i had to put it on pause multiple times because my other computer broke and then i played other games like DA:I which in fact made me appreciate even MORE what you done in this game.

Story wise i really liked it, some people say the story is weak, i disagree i really was intrigued by discovering the truth behind my characters, i was truly surprised when i founf the truth.

I believe people confuse the story with character development in which i agree, is really weak, i dont remember any other characters than my main party, my 2 characters, madora and jahan and thats it, even your companions barely say anything and only have 1 quest each other which is lacking in a game this huge in content.

Gameplay wise its truly amazing, the combat is just so fun, i love mages in games and this game MAKES THEM RIGHT, with all the spell combos the hazard zones etc, its just so satisfying to play a mage in this game, so many spells so many posibilities, they feel OP honestly, but hey, thats why they are mages, mages are OP thata their nature i dont have a problem with that... The problem i saw was the other classes seem really lacking and with boring abilities, i believe you should make them do more damage and make some combos between physical abilities also because they truly feel meh most of the time, i played with 2 mages, my main character (fire,earth and lighting maxed with a few in water), jahan (water, lighting and witchcraft), madora as a tank and my other main character as an archer, the last 2 were reaaaally lacking, have some useful abilities but nothing really outstanding like the mages, my main mage could even tank with his fire shield, so i used that and then the electrik spell that blinks from enemy to enemy and does damage to get inside a group of enemies and then rain fire and destruction while i was being immune to the damage and just to end making my character explode... i even did that to the void dragon and felt epic.

The loot is good but there are 2 things i didnt liked, first if you get an unique or a legendary you are going to have that probably for the rest of the game, is not really easy to replace them so, sometimes it feels static..., then the equipment felt repetitive, i mean, you had a common sword and replaced by a legendary you just obtained and they both look the same...

Pixel hunting gets boring fast, a lot of quest i had to search in the internet just to find a tiny little switch to proceed, i found that annoying.

No voice acting was a major problem for me at the start but then i got accustomed to it and now i dont feel it is a negative since it has some voice acting in fact, here and there.

The soundtrack... one of the most beautiful things i ever heard, i cant find a moment of my adventure where i didnt enjoyed the music, seriously i need that OST.

The game is pretty damn long, its surprising, i mean you have like 4 areas to explore, seem like a few but in fact there is a lot to do and to explore, seriously this game is a real complet game just like the old times.

Crafting i didnt got into it because it felt over complicated which is a shame because i would like to be able to enjoy that part of the game too but i didnt.

I dont know what else to say this was the truly game of the year in 2014, there is no other game that deserves it seriously specially not that DA:I aberration.

9.5/10, really good game and im bery very critic but this game really delivers.

EDIT_1- A thing i found annoying was the friendly fire of spells, you get used to it and learn how to use them, but still sometimes you just hit your party, so i saw how in Pillars of Eternity handled it and made an stat that increases the safe zone of your spells thus making them not hurt in that zone any of your party, something like that would have been nice, still Divinity OS combat is miles ahead of Pillars of Eternity combat.

Last edited by Zherot; 13/05/15 02:18 PM.
Support
Support

The Source Hunter DLC includes a selection of 22 tracks from the soundtrack.
I don't know of a guide for extracting the rest. Did you try something like Dragon UnPACKer? Or check here.

The composer, Kirill Pokrovsky, has most of the soundtracks from the earlier Divinity RPGs (and more) on his website, in mp3 format.

The next large update will make some balancing changes to skills and abilities, and add some new ones (like dual wielding). There should be an announcement about it this week.

veteran
veteran
I can't agree a ranger has not something "outstanding" to use ...

What about special arrows?
And you can make many of them yourself via "crafting" ! But like you said you didn't spend time into crafting, you didn't experienced that much with special arrows, right ? wink

So next time you really must try "crafting". But try it AFTER the upcoming update Raze mentioned, maybe they improved the crafting system too (but I don't know for sure!) ??

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Originally Posted by Joram
I can't agree a ranger has not something "outstanding" to use ...

What about special arrows?
And you can make many of them yourself via "crafting" ! But like you said you didn't spend time into crafting, you didn't experienced that much with special arrows, right ? wink

So next time you really must try "crafting". But try it AFTER the upcoming update Raze mentioned, maybe they improved the crafting system too (but I don't know for sure!) ??

I did, i used them and its probably the only thing i crafted, i had tons of special arrows, Rangers are definitely in a better spot than their melee counter parts but still i believe the Arrows cost too much AP to compare to what a wizard can do.

Z
Zherot Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
Z
Originally Posted by Raze

The Source Hunter DLC includes a selection of 22 tracks from the soundtrack.
I don't know of a guide for extracting the rest. Did you try something like Dragon UnPACKer? Or check here.

The composer, Kirill Pokrovsky, has most of the soundtracks from the earlier Divinity RPGs (and more) on his website, in mp3 format.

The next large update will make some balancing changes to skills and abilities, and add some new ones (like dual wielding). There should be an announcement about it this week.

Thanks for the link that was what i was looking for.

So there is going to be new updates?, i thought it was already done, well since i already finished and i have other games and more games incomming ill probably have to be done with the game for now, maybe next year i start another playthrough if i think is worth it, i dont know.

Im gona Edit my original post because i forgot to add something.

Last edited by Zherot; 13/05/15 02:16 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard