Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
C
C
Originally Posted by Raze

Well, at least I stand corrected in my comparison to Bioware and other companies, who took that road.

From the blog: In case you池e wondering about the latter, yes, we are going to give everybody who owns D:OS on PC (and on Mac if you bought it through Steam or Gog. And if we ever figure out a way of having a real communication line with the people running the App Store, then there too) an Enhanced Edition for free. It痴 another way of saying thank you. That means that if you own D:OS now, you値l soon see an extra entry in your Steam or GOG library for the Enhanced Edition. You値l still be able to play the original D:OS too.

That at least shows that there are still decent humans at work and not beancounters.

Last edited by cossayos; 16/05/15 04:09 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze
There are 2 different UIs, and if you are using a controller on PC you can switch back and forth between controller and keyboard+mouse.

I just registered an Account and logged in to tell you the following with my broken english;

"I will forever love you guys for this."

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I have to express my respect to Raze for his patience. On most forums, cossayos and Luckman would have been banned on page 2 of the thread for their continued negativity, aggressive behavior and selective perception of facts.

I would not have been as patient as Raze, I must admit.

Thanks to Larian for the great, free expansion to D:OS. I am looking forward to it.

Actually I'm most interested in a "more than 2 player" option, since I want to play divinity at my lan party smile So, I hope the mod that allowed 4 players will still work for the enhanced edition and if there would be an option for ~4 players I would be even more thrilled, but since you didn't announce anything in that direction & 4 players I assume something like this is not implemented.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by recluce
I have to express my respect to Raze for his patience. On most forums, cossayos and Luckman would have been banned on page 2 of the thread for their continued negativity, aggressive behavior and selective perception of facts.

I would not have been as patient as Raze, I must admit.

Thanks to Larian for the great, free expansion to D:OS. I am looking forward to it.

I can only think of one forum that bans people for general criticism, and that's the Bioware Social Site. Get real. It is not aggressive behaviour or selective perception of facts to voice discontentment about a game taking a new direction and specifically updating in a manner which leaves the game inaccessible to paying customers.

Nor is it "continued negativity" to oppose such utter insanity. The negativity is entirely warranted.

Just because Larian is devolving like Bioware doesn't mean that Raze has to.

Last edited by Luckmann; 17/05/15 10:36 AM.
veteran
veteran
I guess some people missed this. Swen responded to some of this fear-mongering on the comments on his blog entry. Maybe a larger font would help.

Originally Posted by "Swen Vincke"
We really focussed on improving things - not dumbing things down. It's hard to explain without people actually having played the Enhanced Edition, but I hope player will recognise it once they get in their hands. Won't be that long.

There's actually more dialogue now. A lot of the dialogue that bored people came from a generic dialogue system which in hindsight was a bad idea but did allow us to take shortcuts. The extra dialogue/rewritten dialogue dominantly serves to add more personality to the inhabitants of Rivellon or obviously to set up the new quests etc... Also - the voice does do a lot to the immersion level of the game. You might be surprised.

Tbh, I don't see how we could even consider having the same interface on platforms that are so different. We already made them very different when making DKS.

(Source is replies on his blog page)
[/quote]

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
So nice to hear that everyone who owns it will get the new one for free.
now to my real question, about the owning thing, me and my friend bought it together (the collectors edtion on steam- with 2 copies)
i gave him my share of the money he bought it then and gifted the second copy to me, will i get the enhanced edition too or will only he get it because for steam he bought it and i got it gifted.
i know you said own, but maybe you just meant bought, so i have to ask

would be really nice to know ;)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I guess some people missed this. Swen responded to some of this fear-mongering on the comments on his blog entry. Maybe a larger font would help.

We really focussed on improving things - not dumbing things down. It's hard to explain without people actually having played the Enhanced Edition, but I hope player will recognise it once they get in their hands. Won't be that long.

There's actually more dialogue now. A lot of the dialogue that bored people came from a generic dialogue system which in hindsight was a bad idea but did allow us to take shortcuts. The extra dialogue/rewritten dialogue dominantly serves to add more personality to the inhabitants of Rivellon or obviously to set up the new quests etc... Also - the voice does do a lot to the immersion level of the game. You might be surprised.

Tbh, I don't see how we could even consider having the same interface on platforms that are so different. We already made them very different when making DKS.

(Source is replies on his blog page)
[/quote]

Remember when Bioware said that Dragon Age: Origins' franchise would be kept as a PC exclusive, and the markets of Mass Effect and Dragon Age essentially being different beasts entirely, appealing to different people, and that one would focus on cinematicism and the other a more hardcore RPG experience?

I find it hard to believe that Vincke has somehow come up with a way to bypass the inherent limitations of the console format and controllers. I have no doubt in my mind that he is serious in not wanting to dumb things down, but the fact of the matter is that we've heard this line countless of times, and it's never been true at the end of the day.

Multi-platform always compromises gameplay, choices and controls. No exceptions. It's naive bordering on the absurd to think that D:OS:EE would be an exception just because you're fed a quotable marketing line. They've already shown that they give zero fucks about previous customers and have no qualms with giving the big middle-finger in what was supposed to be an extensive patch, not a new game.

Last edited by Luckmann; 17/05/15 08:40 PM.
veteran
veteran
D:OS is not a game which was developed for simultaneous release on multiple platforms. It was developed for PC first and the game was finished for PC. If you want to talk absurd, it's the belief that somehow the already existing and complete PC version of DOS will be stripped down to bare bones because the mere EXISTENCE of versions of XBONE and PS4 exist.

It is indeed possible for multiple ****ing version to exist. There is no reason at all why the PC version of DOS:EE would suddenly lose features and content to match an entirely different system.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Zavi
i know you said own, but maybe you just meant bought, so i have to ask

You'll get the Enhanced Edition added to your library. Going by who owns the game would be much easier than starting with who purchased the game and trying to follow where keys were gifted or redeemed, etc.

veteran
veteran
Fantastic Awesome News D:OS is in so many ways inmproved !!! claphands
Many many thanks to the whole Larian Studios' Team !! claphands

And I appreciate it's for FREE for everyone who own D:OS already ! Great News !
(I remember paying twice for Divinity II : first for Ego Draconis and then second for The Dragon Knight Saga ! - on Xbox360)

I've D:OS running on my laptop (I honestly bought a new high tech laptop just with D:OS in mind ! oops ) and I stay with PC version . Maybe try some day my Xbox controller, but not sure ...

One Question I've (but honestly I didn't use it so far because of lack of time + I've readed it's complicated in terms of "useability", especially for a new or untrained modder) :

I wonder if the EDITOR for D:OS:EE will also improved like they did for the game itself ??
I didn't found anything about the Editor so far in the Announcement, but maybe I missed on that ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

There will be updates for the editor, but I don't know if the changes will be quite as dramatic. biggrin

veteran
veteran
Thanks Raze wink

I wonder if I ever can make my own mod for D:OS (EE) ...
And if I CAN, then the question is (I can't answer now):
have I time for it ?

But I Hope the Editor will be improved regarding it's "useability" wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
veteran
veteran
Hey, I really wonder what this is:

I catched a picture in the video (at 0:46 seconds) of the Update #67 where I see :

Divinity
"Eyes of a Child"

Is this some kind of DLC for D:OS Enhanced Edition
or .... a brand new next RPG in the make ? smile

EDIT :
But then I'm confused to read on that picture :
Release date :Q3 2012 !!
So originally D:OS was planned for more than PC only already since 2012 (and earlier) ?? Or am I totally wrong now ?

Last edited by Joram; 18/05/15 09:25 AM. Reason: see EDIT

Support
Support

It was the original working title for the game; the program file in the install folder is still called EoCApp.exe.

veteran
veteran
Ooo, sadly frown because ... I really like the title ...
"Divinity - Eyes of a Child" ! smile
And the cover is so nice !

Just me evil

G
Gwythyr
Unregistered
Gwythyr
Unregistered
G
Yes and yes. As long as you will get DOS before release of EE you will get it for free later. Console version is a separate thing and requires purchase.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I haven't been by in a long time, but I had to come by for this announcement to thank Sven and the entire team for making my dream come true.

A dream where a man can sit back on the couch comfortably while he plays his RPG of choice with a controller in his hand, and even co-op in it with a buddy by his side.

I'm sure you will remember me, Raze, as I had to be "That guy", the one who posted "That thread", the one about Controllers back in December of 2013, before D;OS launched. I certainly recall your very kind and helpful reply in the thread, although it petered out so fast I wondered by nobody else seemed to care.

This one! http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthr...r=479412&Searchpage=1&Main=32898

Apparently, it wasn't that people didn't care about the issue, they just never cared to use the Search function to find old threads about it, preferring to just keep making new ones asking about controller support over and over again, annoying the more regular posters.

Oh, and Luckmann?

You must be a complete idiot to think Larian gives "Zero fucks" when they are offering the enhanced version to all owners of D;OS free of charge.

It's free, to all previous owners [not just backers, but anyone who purchased it elsewhere such as on Steam or GOG as well as Kickstarter backers like me] at no cost beyond the time to download it.

That's obvious proof they care about their existing customers in a tangible way few other companies are willing to do.

Mod this last part if you feel you must, Raze, but I stand by this section.

Thanks for reading.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Rune
Oh, and Luckmann?

You must be a complete idiot to think Larian gives "Zero fucks" when they are offering the enhanced version to all owners of D;OS free of charge.

It's free, to all previous owners [not just backers, but anyone who purchased it elsewhere such as on Steam or GOG as well as Kickstarter backers like me] at no cost beyond the time to download it.

That's obvious proof they care about their existing customers in a tangible way few other companies are willing to do.

Thanks for reading.
And you must be a complete idiot if there's any relation to what you said, and what I've said.

Instead of a patch like we were promised, we're getting a "new" old game, adapted for consoles... that I can't even play.

Yeah, I'd say that's about zero fucks given.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Originally Posted by Rune
Oh, and Luckmann?

Thanks for reading.

And you must be a complete idiot if there's any relation to what you said, and what I've said.

Instead of a patch like we were promised, we're getting a "new" old game, adapted for consoles... that I can't even play.

Yeah, I'd say that's about zero fucks given.

If you can't upgrade your computer to play it, that's on you. Not on Larian or anyone else.

It's still a free gift and they aren't taking anything away from the older version of the game, it'll always still be there as it is right now.

Worst case scenario, you still have what you paid for. One day when you do upgrade your computer [and pull your head out of your ass], you'll be able to download and play the new version too.

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard