L
journeyman
journeyman
L
*checks calander * frown

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Burrito
Will the EE support 4 player coop online?

Like the original, I think it will need a mod or hex edit to play with 4 players.

apprentice
apprentice
A quick question (and apologies if it has been answered before):
Will original version be available after EE is released?
I know everybody who owns D:OS now will get EE for free, but will it be possible to buy it afterwards? Or will any new purchase of EE include original as well?

Support
Support

The original version should remain available, I'm pretty sure. I don't know if it will be included with the EE, but would guess not (just because 32 bit and pre-DirectX 11 systems are a small and shrinking percentage).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Thiev
A quick question (and apologies if it has been answered before):
Will original version be available after EE is released?
I know everybody who owns D:OS now will get EE for free, but will it be possible to buy it afterwards? Or will any new purchase of EE include original as well?

No and no. You won't be able to buy the original version after the EE is out. Everyone who owns the original version will still be able to play it though since both versions will exist next to each other in the personal Steam/GOG library...

WOOS
Support
Support
Originally Posted by LordCrash
You won't be able to buy the original version after the EE is out.

Was that stated somewhere?

stranger
stranger
There were information from Eurogamer that D:OS EE will be released at 27 october. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-05-console-divinity-original-sin-gets-a-release-date

Can anyone from developers confirm that?
And, will all versions (PC, PS4, Xbox) be released simultaneously?

Also, Can anyone tell something about localizations available on start?

Support
Support

Yes that is correct, and it will be a simultaneous release on PC and console.

Localizations available at release will be English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Polish. Voiceovers are English only.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

I recall Swen saying that but I sadly don't have a concrete link for it right now. But it's definitely possible that I mixed somthing up and what I said is wrong... think

Last edited by LordCrash; 05/10/15 05:49 PM.

WOOS
stranger
stranger

Yes that is correct, and it will be a simultaneous release on PC and console.

Localizations available at release will be English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Polish. Voiceovers are English only.

Thank you

journeyman
journeyman
Any idea how big the EE will be in terms of download size?

Steam ID: ThePenguinK1d
stranger
stranger

I recall Swen saying that but I sadly don't have a concrete link for it right now. But it's definitely possible that I mixed somthing up and what I said is wrong... think

I'm pretty sure, Swen answer this question every Larian's stream wich includes latest marathon stream.
And I also recall, He said that old version won't be available.

By the way, GoG users can play both version due to possibility to cancel update. Due to DRM-free system, They can just save old version in one folder and Enhanced Edition in another.

UPD
I've found this statement in Reddit AMA (click to increase). May be I've misunderstood.
[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Octu

I'm pretty sure, Swen answer this question every Larian's stream wich includes latest marathon stream.
And I also recall, He said that old version won't be available.

By the way, GoG users can play both version due to possibility to cancel update. Due to DRM-free system, They can just save old version in one folder and Enhanced Edition in another.

UPD
I've found this statement in Reddit AMA (click to increase). May be I've misunderstood.
[Linked Image]

DOS EE won't be an update to the existing DOS anyway. It will be a completely different game in both libraries both on Steam and on GOG. So everybody who owns DOS already will be able to play the original version no matter what. Everybody can have both versions installed simultanously. The only kind of option question is whether Larian will still sell the old version. Personally I doubt it because that would only irritate new people who might buy the old version, not knowing that there is a newer version of the game available. I mean, there is no purpose in still selling the old version if Larian thinks that the EE is the better product.

WOOS
stranger
stranger

DOS EE won't be an update to the existing DOS anyway. It will be a completely different game in both libraries both on Steam and on GOG. So everybody who owns DOS already will be able to play the original version no matter what.

I think, it is depends on not only developer's wish, But on Steam and GoG features. If Larian can remain old D:OS in player's game lists without any inconvenience (and add new game - DOS EE), they'll do. Another way, they can just declare D:OS EE as a major update, but, in fact, almost all files will be changed.

The only kind of option question is whether Larian will still sell the old version.

If Larian will sell old version, They must continue to support it, to fix bug's, etc. They can't just say: 'You have out of date version. Buy enhanced edition'

F
stranger
stranger
F
Hello Larian community and thanks for delivering us fan this great game! I have a few questions though.

The premise is that my friends and I (4 people, total) play D:OS with a 4 player mod and a 4 custom character mod. We are having an amazing time and would love to experience this again in D:EE. It is my understanding that D:EE will not support 4 player cooperation mode, only two. Correct me if I am wrong. I was wondering if:

1. Will D:EE use the same workshop as D:OS, or separate workshop?
2. Will mods from D:OS be compatible with DD:EE? In other words, can we just transfer the .pak file and play together with 4 player cooperation?
3. Is there anything else we need to know concerning mods, transferring mods, and D:OS and D:EE compatibility in general?

Support
Support
Originally Posted by The Penguin K1d
Any idea how big the EE will be in terms of download size?

The current QA version is 10.5GB on disk; compression would get that down half a GB, or so, but most of the data is already compressed into pak files. I don't know if the size is likely to change much for the release.

Originally Posted by FluteDog
I was wondering if:

There will need to be an update to the editor.
Since the structure of the EE changed, D:OS mods will very likely not be compatible.

I tried searching for the NumPlayers term to see if the hex edit method to enable 4 player co-op would work, but couldn't find it.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Octu

I think, it is depends on not only developer's wish, But on Steam and GoG features. If Larian can remain old D:OS in player's game lists without any inconvenience (and add new game - DOS EE), they'll do. Another way, they can just declare D:OS EE as a major update, but, in fact, almost all files will be changed.

The EE version will appear as a separate entry on user's shelf (at least on GOG). It will be a completely separate product, so there will be no 'rollback' option. Like LordCrash wrote, both could be installed separately.

I was just wondering if there might be such change in EE that some people would prefer the original version instead. And if there are any disadvantages to having both available on shelf even with fresh EE purchase.

stranger
stranger
By the way, Will Zandalor's Trunks be enhanced in this edition? =)

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard