Next Thread
Print Thread
S
StSloth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Will DOS2 still be telling the story of the opening of the Godbox in the First Garden by Astarte? i.e. *The Original Sin* of the world of Rivellon?

Because from what I understood written in the Kickstarter - the story is about someone monopolising access to the Source, doesn't sound like an event that happened outside of time, in a primordial garden, carried out by a divine entity.

veteran
veteran
Think of it as more of a Far Cry 2. It's a sequel in theme, not directly.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, it's not really a 'sequel' in the fact that it happens over 1000 years after Original Sin. And it also happens after Divine Divinity. So... it's kind of a sequel interquel.

journeyman
journeyman
I was a bit puzzled by that too. I'm guessing the real reason for the name is marketing / brand recognition...

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I totally get why they would want to keep the name for marketing and brand recognition. Anything else would be silly. However it could do with a catchy subtitle! Like D:OS2 "Sorcerers of Sourcery" or what have you.

S
StSloth Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
That's the thing - brand recognition is great and all, but Divinity is already the Larian brand.
Seems that Original Sin II is kind-of counter-logical, if the plot has nothing to do with Astarte and the Godbox.

Completely agree that at the very least it deserves a subtitle.

addict
addict
It's entirely possible the name will change, but they kept it this way for the purpose of the Kickstarter.

old hand
old hand
I see Original Sin as an off-shoot of the main Divinity series. Obviously it makes sense for marketing purposes to keep it with the same subtitle.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard