Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So everyone's making new threads (we might need a sticky on that voice thing, since everyone's talking about it here now. Should also look up how far along my suggestions got, would be surprised if over 20, the early birds really drowned out any suggestions afterwards... but enough off-topic);

There's a desperate need for digital goodies. People talk about the $1000 or $250 tier, but some of us the $50 range is also a large sum to give. But, oddly enough, there's nothing for me to throw money at. While most KS are tiers of extra bonusses here it's 1 copy, 2 copy, 4 copies and then the physical stuff. Where are the digital goodies?

Now I know that there have been many discussions on many games about KS exclusive content. And how the KS exclusive stuff in D:OS also didn't exactly go as planned. So I definitely don't mean goodies as in ingame content. There's enough digital non-game stuff that could be added as extra's.

D:OS is offered as option, but there are plenty of more Larian games to present as options (not that I would pick them having all of them XD). Guides, lorebooks, a more expanded game development documentary, detailed map (yeah, going off PoE's list here pretty much XD). Just anything so I can give you guys more cash without immediately having to go up to the $150 rank (+ shipping :/)

Of course if people have suggestions what for digital bonusses they would spend money of, here's the place to be. Cause currently I'm pretty much 'stuck' on $30 (and maybe upping to 2 copies if a friend wants to back too), but yeah... that's not really much is it? ;P

enthusiast
enthusiast
Story of D:OS:2 kickstarter: Not enough stuff to throw my money at.

I personally have pledged $500. I would give more... but there's really nothing interesting leading me to want to pledge more. For instance, the $650 tier gives us all of the games for 10 years or w/e. I've already gotten that from the previous kickstarter; So why should I pledge that high again? The $750 tier gives us pretty much a commission portrait, I'm already probably not going to utilize the portrait in my tier anyways, so why would I want this? I... I don't want to be in/part of the game, maybe an OC or something, but not ME as a human. The $1000 tier? Sure I'd love to go on a date with Swen, but that's another $1000 or so out of my wallet to even be able to get there, get back, and probably have to stay in a hotel/motel or w/e during the 1 day I'm there. Pledging higher than that is off limits for me.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Heh, and while people upgrade their backings, I went from 30 > 26 with it becoming available. $100 is tempting though *if* I find a friend who wants the second copy to weigh down the cost somewhat.

addict
addict
what about the $100 tier? pretty much what you want, isnt it?

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
D
stranger
stranger
D
I agree there is a lack of digital goodies something the last one had, they can always add this as an extra KS BACKER DLC on steam and charge for it I think that there is nothing wrong with it and I'm very anti-DLC & DRM Free consumer.. As for digital backer goodies as long they are good but not too good to the point of breaking the progression of the game they are a good addition. A cool sword or armor that make NPC acknowledge that armor or weapon would be cool.. like going to town with a KS backer sword and NPC kids coming to you telling e.g: "Cool sword! I want to have one on my birthday"

I also notice the lack of a normal boxed version of the game and a 125$ collectors edition slightly less attractive than the previous 95$ that I bought.

I think bought of these reflect the 45$ average pledge on D:OS II with the 48$ average pledge on D:OS.

Also adding the final retail price that the game will cost when it releases and shows that buying on kickstarter would be just a tad cheaper would be also a good marketing technique.

Last edited by deathmachinept; 28/08/15 06:52 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by 4verse
what about the $100 tier? pretty much what you want, isnt it?

It was added after my OP wink

But yeah, definitely considering it, I just need to find a friend willing to take the second key off my hands. Sadly, $100 is a LOT of money for me.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I just wish the lore book wasn't first available at the $100 tier. I had to beg my wife to let me get the $50 D:OS EE instead of just the $25 this game only one. And I'd love for that to be available somehow without doubling my pledge.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well, after getting the second copy secured by another player, $100 tier it is xD

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard