Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
For me, both would likely sit inside the CE box collecting dust. I just have no use for these items.

I wish they would put their efforts behind something more handy. Even a nice D:OS themed hard-cover journal with blank pages to jot notes on while adventuring through the game would be infinitely more welcome and useful. Throw in a quill shaped pen/pencil holder and that would be fantastic.

addict
addict
Here's a reminder:

Anyone who wants something other than a Ouija board should vote here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yxTeM26nJ44x6cb3t8I_YaoRLpHbRfZMwJUSp6pmGLo/viewform

stranger
stranger
Toooo late, but...
[x] Dice (20 sided are the best, but nice d6 would also have been nice)

I looked forward to these back then when I waited for the collector's edition, and I would like to see a second try.

Using the Ouija board as a chopping board or a board for breakfast is a funny idea though!

Last edited by Quorra; 28/09/15 08:21 PM.
A
A
BTW, are D10 not used these days more often than d20? I have not used a d20 for anything in like a decade or so? Most systems I play these days use D6 or D10.

stranger
stranger
Not if you are playing The Dark Eye (Das Schwarze Auge).

Doesn't (A)D&D also still use the d20?

A
A
Originally Posted by Quorra
Not if you are playing The Dark Eye (Das Schwarze Auge).

Doesn't (A)D&D also still use the d20?

Realms of Arkania is one of the last ones with D20s, together with the D20 System (which powers for example DnD)
Canï½´t really think of anything else based on 20 sided dice. Though maybe that is just me.

Well, you can never have too many dice.

Steam ID: RvnBlk
GOG ID: GRANKYZ
----------------------------
Devine Order of Devinity
----------------------------
Discord Divinity Original Sin Lobby
veteran
veteran
I'd vote for a mini Weresheep plushie instead. I have more dices than I can count already...

Sth like this, just in sheep form: http://www.monsterfactory.net/victor-mini/

smile

Last edited by LordCrash; 01/10/15 02:19 PM.

WOOS
old hand
old hand
I actually quite liked the idea of the pyramid salt and pepper shakers. Something to do with the teleportation pyramids would be fun.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash
I'd vote for a mini Weresheep plushie instead. I have more dices than I can count already...

smile

I can't really see items like a plushie or dragon statue fitting inside an "album sized CE box" without being comically undersized. The same could be said for the proposed salt and pepper shakers, which would normally fit fine if they weren't shaped like pyramids.

Dice.. meh. Considering we paid to receive those last time and didn't, if I were in Larian's shoes I would be distancing myself from that memory. Can you imagine failing to deliver them twice in a row? Plus, I already have a favorite set of dice that I'm already not using anymore.

I want to take something out of that CE box that I can say "Hey, I can immediately make use of this with this game right now", something that's going to enhance my D:OS 2 experience, rather than something that I'm just going to look over and say "neat", and then stick back into the box.

A
A

smile

I have more dice then I can count, but I have more plushies than I count as well.
Still, something like those limited edition dragon dice in a nice little box to just pick and and take with you to your PnP session you really can?ï½´t have enough of those dice, and you just pick for each session a pack you like. So I still would like to have dice. Especially if they can pack them nice like those dragon bones.

Originally Posted by Gyson
[quote=LordCrash]
I want to take something out of that CE box that I can say "Hey, I can immediately make use of this with this game right now", something that's going to enhance my D:OS 2 experience, rather than something that I'm just going to look over and say "neat", and then stick back into the box.

They tried that as well with the last CE and failed even harder than with the dice. The recipe cards were all outdated on the day of release and a lot of them were not showing working recipes anymore, which killed the whole fun of the cards as they went from "neat" to "m臧, useless".
Same for the cloth map btw, just without the neat factor, because that thing was so bad that I kept searching for the real cloth map for a while until accepting that this thing was supposed to be the real deal.

Last edited by Apocalypse; 01/10/15 08:14 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Apocalypse

They tried that as well with the last CE and failed even harder than with the dice. The recipe cards were all outdated on the day of release and a lot of them were not showing working recipes anymore, which killed the whole fun of the cards as they went from "neat" to "m臧, useless".
Same for the cloth map btw, just without the neat factor, because that thing was so bad that I kept searching for the real cloth map for a while until accepting that this thing was supposed to be the real deal.

Yes, those ideas were horribly implemented, which is why I'm more excited about the dwarven mug being included in the CE, because I always have a beverage near my desk and that is an example of an item I can sit down with when I start playing D:OS 2 and get immediate and frequent use out of (unless it's made out of some cheap, toxic material that leeches into the liquid, at which point we're back to a horribly implemented idea again).

However, I can't use dice with D:OS 2 unless I'm going to do something silly like allow dice rolls to determine my responses. wink And I'm not usually adding salt or pepper to anything on my computer desk, so while the proposed pyramid shakers are a somewhat entertaining idea, they're not really going to do anything but sit stored in the CE box. Pyramid bookends might have been a better idea; then at least they'd have a use on my desk.

veteran
veteran
I don't play PnP so I couldn't care less about the dice, personally.

Also I don't get why you want to "use" stuff from CEs. I mean, it's a collector's edition. The stuff is to be collected, not to be used. If you want to have dice for PnP or whatever just buy them in a local store or online... wink

As for the size, if the CE of DOS 2 is about the same size as the CE of DOS a mini plushie would perfectly fit in the box...

Last edited by LordCrash; 01/10/15 09:59 PM.

WOOS
addict
addict
It's always a nice thing to have an item that isn't only done for display purpose =) I must admit I'm not fond of purely asthetics CE items either. Something that can be used ( a hoodie, a tshirt, a mug... ) is far more satisfying.
Unless it's really a work of art, which is something else entirely. I don't think Larian will bless us with a true work of art worthy of a museum =) The "get your portrait" tiers was more like it, but it cost a waaay more than the standard CE reward.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
veteran
veteran
Actually true collectors don't even open the box. It has more value as a collectible item when it's still sealed.

Maybe Larian should open a merchandise store instead since that's obviously what most people here want instead... wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 01/10/15 10:32 PM.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
I doubt the average CE purchasers chooses not to open the box unless they're planning on reselling it for a higher price.

I think most view Collector's Edition as an enhanced gaming experience instead of something to be collected and displayed in a private museum. It's more akin to "I'm such a fan of this game I want a box that has not just the game in it, but a ton of stuff related to the game as well. I'm literally looking to be showered in stuff from game-X because just having it running on my computer is not going to cut it.".

Now, I do have unopened CE boxes sitting on shelves for display purposes, but that's because I worked on them and they're more like trophies to define where years and years of my life have vanished to. opa

A
A
There are very few actually collectors of games, as Gyson said, on top of that all those boxes, special editions, etc are mementos of the games we played in the past, they sit on our shelfs and remind us of the good times we had with those games.

In that context dice are naturally a good choice for those of us who play PnP or board games from time to time, because can then have fun with those dice too. Same for the mugs who sit on the desk. A 2nd mug itself would be a perfectly fine idea as well, especially as we get two copies of the game with the collector's edition, so hopefully we can play locally with another person and share some beer with them while playing. laugh

veteran
veteran
For local co-op you don't need two copies of the game. Just sayin... wink

And I somehow doubt that the mug will be of high enough quality that you really want to drink beer out of it. But who knows? Eventualy it will be great, I surely still hope so. In that case a 2nd mug wouldn't be the worst thing to have.

WOOS
A
A
For local co-op you don't need two copies of the game. Just sayin... wink

And I somehow doubt that the mug will be of high enough quality that you really want to drink beer out of it. But who knows? Eventualy it will be great, I surely still hope so. In that case a 2nd mug wouldn't be the worst thing to have.

Running the game on two separate PCs still better than local co-op even when multi-monitor support for sure is helping the local coop.

If the mug is not good enough to drink from it then I never gonna buy a CE from them again. Kitsch mugs for a vitrine donï½´t fit to my interior design, and with the amount of beer my wife is bringing home recently some beer mugs seem really useful to me. ;-)

journeyman
journeyman
Weresheep plushie !!!!!!!!

My signed collector bike ; )
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard