Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Q
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Q
Will the alpha/beta be released on GoG as well as Steam? I think the answer here is no, but confirmation never hurts. If not, can backers play the alpha/beta on Steam but redeem the release version on GoG?

I try to keep all new purchases in GoG, but don't want to miss out on the early builds. I purchased the original D:OS in steam early access (before I switched to GoG), so I'm not sure how this was handled last time.

journeyman
journeyman
IIRC that's how it worked for D:OS. We got the beta via Steam and later on (near release) had a separate choice between GOG and Steam. I would expect the same procedure for D:OS 2 since it worked out pretty well.

Support
Support

If GOG Galaxy can handle alpha/betas by the time D:OS 2 is ready for that, then that will be supported, otherwise people can get Steam keys for the alpha/beta and OOG keys for the release.

With the D:OS Kickstarter the original plan was just to do alpha/beta keys on Steam, and then revoke those keys and give out Steam or GOG keys for the release. Since most people wanted Steam keys, though, just before release it was decided the beta keys would become the full game, and people who wanted GOG keys could revoke the Steam code and get a GOG key.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard