Print Thread
#568266 30/08/15 07:29 AM
K
Koveras Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
The numeral in the title has been used very inconsistently on Kickstarter. The big colorful logo uses the Roman numeral, while the entire description text uses the Arabic one. Which one is official or, at least, more official than the other?

I am asking mainly because I am maintaining several wiki articles and they can only use one or the other title spelling in their own titles, not both. Wikipedia, for instance, currently uses the Arabic numeral, while TV Tropes goes for the Roman one.

Koveras #568267 30/08/15 08:00 AM
Support
Support

I don't know if there is any kind of official policy on that. However, with logos you can make sure Roman numerals are clear and look like Roman numerals. In text media, you don't have any control over the font things will be read in, so it is safer to use the number 2.

Raze #568268 30/08/15 08:31 AM
K
Koveras Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Raze

I don't know if there is any kind of official policy on that. However, with logos you can make sure Roman numerals are clear and look like Roman numerals. In text media, you don't have any control over the font things will be read in, so it is safer to use the number 2.

Well, it's usually a stylistic choice in other games. For instance, The Witcher and Mass Effect series have consistently used Arabic numerals for their sequels, while The Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age always went for Roman numerals. Divinity is much more indecisive about this, it seems. I've just noticed that the original releases of Divinity 2 used the Arabic numeral, but appears to have switched to the Roman one after getting bundled into the Dragon Knight Saga...

Last edited by Koveras; 30/08/15 08:32 AM.
Koveras #568278 30/08/15 03:03 PM
The only thing I care about is that whichever convention DOS2 follows, that DOSIII follow the same. Because I ****ing hate it when games in the same series don't sort alphabetically in Steam.

Arsene Lupin #568290 30/08/15 05:36 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin
The only thing I care about is that whichever convention DOS2 follows, that DOSIII follow the same. Because I ****ing hate it when games in the same series don't sort alphabetically in Steam.

D:OS The Original Original Sin
D:OS II
D:OS 3
D:OS Quadrophenia

etc. :p

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #568302 30/08/15 08:37 PM
K
Koveras Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice