Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi,

So I purchased on the last KS the collectors edition for 95€+, I really enjoyed to have the second also in a collectors edition boxed game.

But being 125$ the standard collectors edition price for games + 15$ for shipping to a total of 140$ seems too high for a game that I will have to wait for 2 years and trust it will be good.

I feel the time we wait and the 3 digit price should reflect on the attractiveness in terms of price and/or content of these pledges.

I also would am pretty annoyed after buying a game having to spend extra cash to have the ultimate complete version of it especially when paying over 60$.

So please consider, I will back D:OS II but not sure if I do the 50$ 2 digital copy or 125$ collectors edition.

Regards,
Deathmachinept

Last edited by deathmachinept; 31/08/15 10:28 AM.
I don't think Larian Studios will not do DLC's for their games, so you should not worry about that.

The only DLC's that will be available when releasing the game is the digital stuff like art book, soundtracks and so on or other kick starter rewards for people who have not kickstarted the campaign. Also once the game is released it will be around $40-45 and may be extra for the digital stuff.

Though about expansions? I am not sure as they never done one I don't think.

Originally Posted by deathmachinept

140$ seems too high for a game that I will have to wait for 2 years and trust it will be good.

I would suggest folks who are using the KS to "Preorder" or purchase the game to just wait 2 years and buy it when it comes out.

Just pretend there are no rewards and toss them as much as you want to support them and then be surprised when you get stuff later.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Von_Rotten

140$ seems too high for a game that I will have to wait for 2 years and trust it will be good.

I would suggest folks who are using the KS to "Preorder" or purchase the game to just wait 2 years and buy it when it comes out.
Just pretend there are no rewards and toss them as much as you want to support them and then be surprised when you get stuff later.

I don't preorder games... and tossing out money is a recipe to disaster and contributes to the decline of crowdfunding.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Von_Rotten

I don't preorder games... and tossing out money is a recipe to disaster and contributes to the decline of crowdfunding.

I understand where your coming from. However, Larian is releasing a free upgrade to EE and has released quite a few very successful games. The company has been in business since like 1999 starting on Divine Divinity (a.k.a. Sword of Lies) and going very strong. They are not like most developers trying to sponge as much money from their customers with BS DLCs as they can.

As for waiting 2 years, I'm expecting the alpha or beta to be released in about a year from now. Since majority of the mechanics are completed, I'm doubting any major delays.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
enthusiast
enthusiast
I wouldn't go as far as to say that the alpha would be a year from now. Maybe half that and it's more a realistic example.

They want us to be a part of the development of the game, and they have the majority of the mechanics down due to the previous engine being ready to start on, we'll be getting something to play around with soon.

I believe the 'slated' release date of D:OS:2 is actually winter of 2016, or so they said in the codex/other interviews.

At this point in time trying to guess when the alpha will available to the backers is almost impossible.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by LightningLockey

I understand where your coming from. However, Larian is releasing a free upgrade to EE and has released quite a few very successful games. The company has been in business since like 1999 starting on Divine Divinity (a.k.a. Sword of Lies) and going very strong. They are not like most developers trying to sponge as much money from their customers with BS DLCs as they can.
As for waiting 2 years, I'm expecting the alpha or beta to be released in about a year from now. Since majority of the mechanics are completed, I'm doubting any major delays.

DLC or Expansions, Divinity 2 had expansions.. giving digitally expansions would increase the value or at least stating that if any extra payed content is created we will be given access for free.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard