Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
addict
OP Offline
addict
I am surprised that there are no stretch goals for the facebook likes or the number of backers as there was on D:OS kickstarter

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
veteran
veteran
Probably because they never put in the ones they achieved in D:OS.

There were was supposed to be 6 Bellegar encounters, and there were 3. Four if you count Billeh-Gahr. The Phantom Forest dungeon was cut entirely.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The Phantom Forest dungeon was cut entirely.

I seem to recall that it was broken up and the various pieces used elsewhere. Though I get the point, even if the content was there, it wasn't used to assemble the thing in question.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
I think the Larians are crooks and liars !

Nah but seriously, it was sad the multiple-floors dungeon had to be cut out of the release. Maybe it will resurface in EE, I don't know as I tend to stay away from informations on that one ( I'll play it, no need to get spoiled :p ).

And yeah overall this second campaign is more ... Cautious. I think they put so much effort in the first one that they'd rather let some new faces have a go at Community Management in the comments section. That and the Boss being away for various events. Anyway they are refraining from promises they may not be able to keep. It's smart. When DOS2 will be released, they don't want people to remember that Larian Studio is a compagny that failed to deliver on their promises twice in a row and maybe hurt a potential DOS3 in the process... Who knows ?
That being said, broken promises didn't prevent the game being funded in 12 hours and even doing better in 2 days than DOS1 in a full month :p

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
addict
OP Offline
addict
come on, not D:OS3, just D3, I wanna kill Damian !!

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard