Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#568567 04/09/15 06:40 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Is this the same undead race that was in Dragon Commander? That particular race seemed fairly social to other races in that game, as far as being undead goes.

LeBurns #568569 04/09/15 07:23 PM
addict
addict
DC takes place somewhen in the future, doesnt it? so, might be, that the chosen ones have become publicly known to the other races and have taken their rightful place among them.

Last edited by 4verse; 04/09/15 07:25 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
LeBurns #568570 04/09/15 07:27 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I thought it was way in the past actually. Wasn't there some lore in DOS that mentioned the dragon king of old?

LeBurns #568572 04/09/15 07:34 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Since the undead bleed poison shouldn't they be immune to poison as well? Also they should have an increased resistance to slashing and immunity to piercing (how can you pierce the empty space between bones?) but increased susceptibility to crushing damage. (Ouch! Those hammers really hurt!) The sentient undead (the Chosen) should have some willpower since they broke free of necromancers but the other two, Raised Ones and Faint Ones, apparently start with zero willpower.

LeBurns #568573 04/09/15 07:36 PM
addict
addict
Dragon Commander is the oldest game in the saga so far, taking place before DOS1. DOS2 will happen much later, after Divine Divinity.

Dragon Commander
DOS1
Divine Divinity
DOS2

As for undead, there will be three origins available so far, basically "Raised", "Fainted", and "Chosen".
Raised refering to the char having been raised by a necromancer of some sorts, Fainted refering to an undead that have been in this state for such a long time that he doesn't really remember who he is or what he was doing, and Chosen refering to a mysterious cast of civilized undead, up in the North.

So you see The Chosen seem to be sharing some traits with the Undead from DC, don't you think? smile

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
Dr Koin #568575 04/09/15 07:40 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
The Chosen do, but they also live in a veiled forest where no one goes and their society is secret.

Course DC was a LONG time before DOS as I recall, so it could be that the social undead of that time went into seclusion for centuries. Then they 'could' be the current Chosen ... maybe. Or they are throwing the undead lore out the door and just starting over with it.

Dr Koin #568576 04/09/15 07:40 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dr Koin
Dragon Commander is the oldest game in the saga so far, taking place before DOS1. DOS2 will happen much later, after Divine Divinity.

Dragon Commander
DOS1
Divine Divinity
DOS2

As for undead, there will be three origins available so far, basically "Raised", "Fainted", and "Chosen".
Raised refering to the char having been raised by a necromancer of some sorts, Fainted refering to an undead that have been in this state for such a long time that he doesn't really remember who he is or what he was doing, and Chosen refering to a mysterious cast of civilized undead, up in the North.

So you see The Chosen seem to be sharing some traits with the Undead from DC, don't you think? smile

You sure about that timeline? I thought D:OS 2 still took place before DD.

LeBurns #568577 04/09/15 07:51 PM
addict
addict
I'm quite sure yeah, especially since the antagonist seems to be the head of the Divine Order - and the Divine himself isn't very fond of these guys in the first place.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
LeBurns #568578 04/09/15 08:26 PM
stranger
stranger
But he hates Source Magic, right? I had thought in Divine Divinity everyone thought Source to be good. That's why it was bad for the healers of Aleroth when their Source fountain stopped working.

LeBurns #568581 04/09/15 08:46 PM
old hand
old hand
It's a bit unclear which types of undead are playable. Seems like the clearest case is you can play a Raised One that has broken away from his necromancer. But then, will you slowly become a faint one as the necromantic power fades from you (constantly having to recharge yourself with source, or something like that)? Or perhaps you can play a Chosen one from the start that has been exiled or has run away or something. Definitely a lot of potential for various origin stories; not sure if they'll be able to have more than one.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by FriarRosing
But he hates Source Magic, right?

The current leader of the Divine Order does. Before he took over there were people using source magic in the Divine Order, fighting the Black Ring.

LeBurns #568621 05/09/15 04:35 PM
addict
addict
ah, my fault, sorry. i thought DC takes place in the future. i am not very much into war strategy games

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard