Next Thread
Print Thread
#568795 08/09/15 07:47 PM
Elwyn Offline OP
Moderator Emeritus
OP Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Hey everyone,

So, I guess we will reach the Skills II stretch goal on Thursday and hopefully will hit the last stretch goal by the end of the week wink

Here are my two-pence for possible stretch goal ideas:

- Cones of visibility get expanded by cones of sounds and cones of smell! Have you bought this smelly cheese from the cheese vendor? Expect the nobles to turn away from you in disgust! Are you wearing heavy metal boots? The enemies are alerted to your presence before they see you!

- Enjoy full freedom when you move, i.e, climb trees and roofs, jump over obstacles, swim in the water!

- Become a master thief: people start following you and eyeing you suspiciously when some items are gone from their home after they talked to you.

So, what are other ideas for the stretch goals?

Last edited by Elwyn; 08/09/15 07:48 PM.
veteran
veteran
http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/...5-stretch-goal-bellegar-s-belfry-dungeon

Bellegar's Belfry
An entire optional, not-main-quest-connected-at-all dungeon full of Rhymes, Riddles, and ...something else that starts with R! (Rabbits, maybe?) Who knows!

(Also, Pick a Skill Tree III)

Strategy guide

addict
addict
Divine Divinity/Sword of Lies remake using the DOS2 engine

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
addict
addict
The DOS2 engine is the DOS1 engine.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Support
Support

The $1.35M Pick a Skill Tree II stretch goal has been reached. The update will take awhile to get ready.

addict
addict
Grats!!! do only backers get to vote on the skill tree?

Support
Support

Yes. Presumably it will be done through a rewards management section of a Larian Vault account.

Raze #568884 10/09/15 02:58 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes. Presumably it will be done through a rewards management section of a Larian Vault account.

gah okay! trying to hold off backing til I find out about the creation tools ._.

veteran
veteran
I have an account at kickstarter and I have an account in this forum. Whats the vault?

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Elwyn Offline OP
Moderator Emeritus
OP Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Larian vault:

https://www.larianvault.com/

You'll have to create in account to manage your Kickstarter rewards (that is where you get keys, select add-ons etc.). It was handled this way after the first Kickstarter campaign and will probably be the same for the current one. The exact details will be announced once the campaign ends.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Elwyn
- Enjoy full freedom when you move, i.e, climb trees and roofs, jump over obstacles, swim in the water!

This is one hell of a stretch goal proposal for sure! O.o

@Ellary, new stretch goal is for you smile

veteran
veteran
Let's see...

* Mod support. Meh. It's pretty unlikely to get better mods out there and really dedicated modders will persevere despite the tools. Actual good mods probably take years so don't expect to get any forfilment from this stretch goal... at all. Not good for gamers.
* Love & Hate. Let me quote some comments over at Obsidian's forums
Ha ha
A romance stretch goal

I shall start lobbying for a 'remove romance from the game' stretch goal to be added.

Romance stretch-goal
Well, there goes the neighborhood.

And I have to agree with the sentiments. More replies for the player to respond, yay! The rest? Nay!
* Shapeshifting. Make your choices matter even less! Nope.
* DM mode. Useless to a single-player like me, so again... nope. Also seems pretty unlikely to affect the same game as the storymode, so would mean workforce dedicated for something that gives zilch to the campaign.

Save to say I have been extremely dissapointed and now rather hope we stick to 1.5 million and don't go higher... oh boy, who would have expected that from the start?

addict
addict
Well you'd have to be fair. I'm not interested at all in the romance options too, but the goal seems to promise a lot more than mere romance options, more like an advanced relationship system that also includes adversity, close friendship, etc.

As for the modding tools, I guess this comes from the numerous reports about how DOS1 tool was over-complicated and basically many people just gave up.

As far as the mask go.. It's *THE* KS comments section favorite topic, to the point it's almost the only one. Swen chimed in yesterday I think and told he had big plans for this. It won't just be a "click-and-go" tool that can help you bypass every race-related obstacle. We need to wait and see.
What really hooked me however is the exact phrasing :
By expanding on our tag system, we値l let you assume different roles in the game with the same character. This will open completely different play styles. Don't want any competition? Don't want companions? Become a lone wolf with a very special mask...
. Does that mean we can actually play with only one character in the party ? I would totally love that. It's been a challenge going on in party-based game where people try to bet the game with the main character only. BG1, BG2, Legend of Grimrock, Dungeon Master, you name it : if it has a party system that doesn't force you to play the whole party (or you can kill the rest right off the bat ), someone has tried a solo run.

Last, the DM stretch ? Yeah, I don't know. It's a gamble, I think. They'd have to be SURE the editor is fully functionnal and intuitive, and that players will be interested. It's still a fun and good idea that reminds me of Alien Versus Predator 2 gold ( I think ) that included, if I remember correctly, some sort of Dungeon Master mode. The Dungeon Master played as the alien, the others as the Marines, and the Dungeon Master could summon various events to scared the sh*t out of the Marines. I never played that mode sadly, but it really sounds like lots of fun !

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
veteran
veteran
Lone Wolf was pretty horribly inbalanced in D:OS1 however.
I have no hopes that would be different if implented in D:OS2.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard