Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
The fact that female characters in D:OS are all wearing six-inch stilettos always bothered me. I have nothing against people who want to wear heels in particular, but on a supposed elite adventurer, they ruin any suspension of disbelief. In the short term, high heels are beyond ridiculous, insofar as an even slightly raised heel completely changes your posture and adjusts your gait so as to make fighting next to impossible. In the long term, too, they destroy the leg of the wearer so as to make fighting next to impossible. The game was finished, though, and I was willing to ignore it.

But the EE presents a chance to make them optional, at the very least. I don't even know that the walk animations need changing, since female characters already move like they're not wearing heels.

Please.

old hand
old hand
They're built into the models I believe, so it takes some work to redo the models. Maybe they're doing that for the EE, but probably for D:OS 2.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I like the high heels! They're quirky. And I can run in heels, and, er, fight, but let's not go there... smirk

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vometia
I like the high heels! They're quirky. And I can run in heels, and, er, fight, but let's not go there... smirk

So can I! But I always get such weird looks when I do so. As if they've never seen a fat guy in high heels before.

*just kidding* laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard