enthusiast
N
So happy to see all these friendly people ^__^
Hi guys!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi everyone, first time KS backer & actually first time here on the forums too.

I joined in the wild ride because how awesome D:OS was. I also managed to convince friends to join me in the KS campaign. As for all the Stretch Goals I didn't really care I just wanted to make sure that 1) this game got made & 2) I was involved for once, but seeing the discussion about GM mode I'm super excited seeing as the friends I dragged in are from my old D&D days & we're in different countries so if we can scratch a little of that old itch, that'd be great.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hey guys, first time backer here and I'm glad my first Kickstarter had such as awesome community. Props to you guys (and Larian of course).
I'm really, really psyched for GM mode. Ever since I started DMing for my playgroup, I've wanted a system to automate things for me. That way I can spend more time crafting the story and lore, than speding brain power on minutiae like rules enforcement.
I can see why people think it would be difficult to DM online/in real time but I think it's comparable to tabletop RPGs. You would still spend a week beforehand crafting storylines and alternative scenarios for the characters, and during the game you just drop them into play and occasionally deal with curveballs the players throw at you. I agree with MechSoldier that narrative can be handled most easily through chat and voice.
In all, you would lose a bit of the interplay and socialization from tabletop gaming, but you gain a lot more in terms of rules automation, art assets, fewer chances for metagaming, and most important to me, the ability to play with people anywhere in the worlds.
A couple of things that I would like to see implemented in GM mode (let me know what you think) which would be really cool:
1) Procedural generation: You could generate everything from whole worlds to the layout and furnishings of a single room (I have the hardest time deciding what to put in dungeon rooms), maybe even NPCs, loot, and monsters
2) Session replay: Speaking from personal experience, my playgroup and I have a hard time remembering the details of things that happened a few sessions ago (especially when dealing with those curveballs I mentioned). It would be great to just be able to replay the pertinent parts for the group or an individual (less metagaming again)
Can't wait!

stranger
stranger
Omg....you guys were all in here =( I was refreshing the comment section of the KS and like ... no familiar faces anymore...I was so sad !
Then I come here AND BAM 5 pages and my smile is back. Though the mini heart attack is still in effect. xD

Thanks @Raze to move some of the [newbs] to the user group laugh

Hey Jeff ! Am I glad to see you on here after you said you abandonned KS fort 30 min ago lol

Last edited by WereMikhail; 01/10/15 02:39 AM.
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by WereMikhail
Hey Jeff ! Am I glad to see you on here after you said you abandonned KS fort 30 min ago lol

Well, KS is OVER so we need to move forward. On the other hand, the Forum is an entity that lives on!

norD #570062 01/10/15 03:54 AM
stranger
stranger
Aye aye! understood cap'n !
I'll be putting me huntin' cap on here then xD glad to be on here honestly !

Heya all!

journeyman
journeyman
Aaaah so this is where all of my favorite weresheeps have gone to! Hello all and let us enjoy our 2 years here, before Swen makes new kickstarter for Divinity 3! Then we will all hang out there. grin

SteamID: LordW (https://steamcommunity.com/id/LordW1984)
Devine Order of Devinity

Larian made DoS 1 then DoS EE and now they are doing DoS 2, that is 3 games... DIVINITY 3 is comfirmed guys!
LordW #570072 01/10/15 06:24 AM
stranger
stranger
Baaah (= OK)

;-)

Steam ID: darkflemish
stranger
stranger
Hey all, just got my ride to backer after KS is done, which makes my Paypal backer smile
Haven't played D:OS though, but I believe backing this would do me a worth while.
I'm waiting for D:OS EE now!! Woot!!

P.S: When will I get my backer forum badge??

So...then... PRAISE THE WERESHEEP !!!

\o/ \o/ \o/

Last edited by ChavaiotH; 01/10/15 07:27 AM.
stranger
stranger
Hey guys! Finally got my account working because Raze is awesome. smile

Steam ID: robotsnblasters
journeyman
journeyman
Hi guys. Good to see you all again. I'm so hyped for EE. Played D:OS for about 15 hours, but stopped when I heard what the EE had in store. Maybe we should get a backers game up and running.

Last edited by Tiggerdyret; 01/10/15 07:36 AM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by maxlee84
P.S: When will I get my backer forum badge??

When the pledge management page is set up in a couple weeks, there will likely be an option there to enter your forum email address, and then a script will be run a few times to get the email from the Larian Vault site and enable the forum badge on your account here.

journeyman
journeyman
Morning Everyone, looking forward to reading pages and pages of posts from you guys here instead of on KS every morning. Nice to see Jeff popping in, would be great to see the other guys and gals from Larian pop in now and then! xD

P.S. I miss Char's weather updates already *sniff*

Steam ID: ThePenguinK1d
stranger
stranger
Agreed! smile

Had to have been nice getting the weather shoutout on Twitch though! That was really cool!

Steam ID: robotsnblasters
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by QuoteStar
Agreed! smile

Had to have been nice getting the weather shoutout on Twitch though! That was really cool!

Yeah that was really nice of her. Must be my Welsh charm !

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Welsh were-sheep confirmed... ;-)

addict
addict
There's something magical in having a "Devin at Larian" walking around with one (1) total post.
Hi Devin o/

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
journeyman
journeyman
Welsh were-sheep confirmed...

Mind if I hold you to that Devin? wink

Last edited by The Penguin K1d; 01/10/15 08:28 AM.

Page 5 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 41 42

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard