Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Inanna Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Will you be letting people add to their existing kickstarter pledges via PayPal for the either adding to get to the next tier of reward or to add thingsome to their current rewards? I asked this a few times in the kickstarter comments section and I apologise if this has been answered already.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
stranger
stranger
This would be nice addition. Obsidian did this with Pillers of Eternity and ended up with more of my money :)

Steam ID: Citadel
M
stranger
stranger
M
Please don't do this. I pledged enough to make sure I didn't get into the alpha or beta as I wanted to enjoy the game once it was finished. However I suffer from Willpower of Weakness and may fold as the alpha/beta gets closer.....

Steam ID: st185gt4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Magnifico
Please don't do this. I pledged enough to make sure I didn't get into the alpha or beta as I wanted to enjoy the game once it was finished. However I suffer from Willpower of Weakness and may fold as the alpha/beta gets closer.....

So you basically pledged nothing? Any pledge that included the game included the alpha/beta

M
stranger
stranger
M
So it did. For some reason I'd convinced myself that I just got the game for $25.

Carry on then. I'll just have to resist ruining it for myself by playing alpha or beta.

Steam ID: st185gt4
Support
Support

There are no plans to allow tier upgrades, or add add-ons.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
That doesn't make any sense though, there was no way (that I could find) to add the add-ons that were on offer during the KS like the lorebook.

Unless Larian wanted me to just add $20 to my pledge and then come to me later to find out what I wanted but frankly I find that a bit roundabout, I'd rather the Vault have a way to add that crap after the fact.

Last edited by Raith; 02/10/15 08:56 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
If you pledged during KS campaign more money than necessary for the chosen reward, you may choose an add-on (see "Need More Divinity?" in Update #14 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1365789)
But I understand Raze the way that you cannot increase your pledge now with Paypal to get one/some of the add-ons.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
That genuinely sucks, I was hoping to be able to add the lorebook when I got paid again. Things are really tight right now and I'm just happy I was able to give what I gave but I was hoping for the book too.

addict
addict
larian could at least allow for buying the electronic addons via paypal

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 4verse

I think it's been said that it's too difficult to link a Paypal pledge to a Kickstarter pledge. There are over 42,000 backers to deal with, and rejigging pledge management systems for small edge cases is a huge hassle.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey

I think it's been said that it's too difficult to link a Paypal pledge to a Kickstarter pledge. There are over 42,000 backers to deal with, and rejigging pledge management systems for small edge cases is a huge hassle.

i see. sounds reasonable.

but they could set up digital merchandising (ie the digital art, lore book etc.) in the larian vault independently from kickstarter (ie like buying other games from larian vault)
since it is "only" digital content and the vault already is configured to provide this, it should not be too hard to pull it off

it could get larian some additional money with only little or not too much effort (I BELIEVE little/not too much effort at least hehe )

Last edited by 4verse; 03/10/15 11:01 AM.

Support
Support

Earlier this year the store function of the Larian Vault was shut down, due to changes in the tax laws in the EU (with regards to digital goods). There are only Steam and Humble widgets there now to purchase games.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
I was hoping to be able to upgrade my pledge too. Thanks for the confirmation.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Will GOG be implemented shortly? Or is this not needed
to get D:OS EE from GOG as reward from D:OS2 KS campaign.

Support
Support

When the EE is released you'll be able to choose a GOG or Steam key from the reward management site, which will be set up by then.

A
A

34,397 backers for star citizen on kickstarter and look how adding a post campaign pledge store worked out for them. Hint they have now over 800,000 accounts. It really is not that complicated from coding perspective.

Though in case of divinity a post campaign merchandise and pre-order store might actually work better. Keep accepting pre-orders for all those nice addon goodies from the kickstarter campaign sounds like a really good thing to keep increasing budget and make backers happy. People like to throw money at Larian and people like as well getting small goodies from Larian.

Originally Posted by Apocalypse

34,397 backers for star citizen on kickstarter and look how adding a post campaign pledge store worked out for them. Hint they have now over 800,000 accounts. It really is not that complicated from coding perspective.

Though in case of divinity a post campaign merchandise and pre-order store might actually work better. Keep accepting pre-orders for all those nice addon goodies from the kickstarter campaign sounds like a really good thing to keep increasing budget and make backers happy. People like to throw money at Larian and people like as well getting small goodies from Larian.

InXile also has a system set up that combines KS and Paypal pledges. If you are a KS backer they will link your rewards using your email when you sign up for their backer website. They also have an alternate email support, just in case you used a different one.

From there, you can add InXile points ($1 = 100 InXile points) via Paypal to upgrade or get more add-ons. It also works for "slacker backers". Almost all of the popular tiers are still available for BTIV and Numenera, this includes the physical CEs.

A lot of the BTIV backers were miffed because they expected to receive the bonus keys for WL2 and the like immediately after the campaign ends. But InXile wanted to get the backer site running first and was like trust us, you'll like what we are doing. And we did, more and more pledges come in everyday. A lot of people just needed more time to settle their financial accounts.

Steam ID: RvnBlk
GOG ID: GRANKYZ
----------------------------
Devine Order of Devinity
----------------------------
Discord Divinity Original Sin Lobby
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Raze

Earlier this year the store function of the Larian Vault was shut down, due to changes in the tax laws in the EU (with regards to digital goods). There are only Steam and Humble widgets there now to purchase games.

i see. well, then put those goodies on steam/gog/humble as "DLCs"?

F
stranger
stranger
F
When mentioning Star Citizen: Do you really want that? Do you really want longer pledging period, more stretch goals and, therefore, a much longer time for the development of the game.
I presume that Larian wants to end the pledging. Then the whole minimal content (stretch goals) is fixed. And no ongoing pledging has to be administered.
In total: Larian can focus on developing the game for which the goals are fixed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard