Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jito463 Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
While I'm not particularly interested in the co-op mode myself (I prefer strictly single-player in my RPG's), I do have an opinion on what improvements Larian might have planned for the save game control.

In D:OS, it wasn't a big deal for just the host to have access to the save, since it was only two players. However, with D:OS 2 - and now four players as well as GM mode - it would make sense to have an option to setup your client as a dedicated server; so that even if you're not playing, others can still login and play their own characters.

The host would still have control over the save game, but wouldn't have to actually be playing the game for fellow co-op players to have access.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think having a dedicated server tool for D:OS2 would be boon. But I don't think that by default, the OC is going to be able to support something like that, it would have to be use with custom campaigns that are built to support that kind of stuff (say, persistent servers or arenas or something).

Then again, I've never tried doing a dedicated server for like Neverwinter Nights 2 OC or something, it just doesn't seem feasible.

veteran
veteran
I vaguely recall some kickstarter updates where Larian mentioned that they were working on changes, and decoupling the client and server parts of the game, which would allow for such things as dedicated servers. But that was over a year ago, I think, and I'm not sure if that change was fully implemented.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard