Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
old hand
old hand
N
I would like more Strength and Dex trees with synergies within themselves.

Which apparently we aren't getting this time around. O_o

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not D:OS2 related, so i really shouldn't, but fuck it, will type it.. smile

a-la Ultima Underworld 1&2/Arx Fatalis magic use. Runes, real-time drawing them, the lot.

am secretly hoping that:
a) the as of yet unannounced Larian project 2 is a first person RPG
b) that the above will be in it

..and then i woke up..

Pride, honour and purity
C
stranger
stranger
C
Less cartoonish graphics, more armors and weapons (not more colors for the same armor piece to make people think it is a different armor), more balance for crafted and unique items to make them more powerful than trash loot (I can finish the game with purple gear, not even crafted a single weapon), a more mature storyline, more NPCs, Bosses and a more challenging combat. Pretty much more of everything it already has and DOS2 will be a must for every rgp gamer.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Caabal
Less cartoonish graphics, more armors and weapons (not more colors for the same armor piece to make people think it is a different armor), more balance for crafted and unique items to make them more powerful than trash loot (I can finish the game with purple gear, not even crafted a single weapon), a more mature storyline, more NPCs, Bosses and a more challenging combat. Pretty much more of everything it already has and DOS2 will be a must for every rgp gamer.

Well, I know some of the stuff listed here is happening smile

veteran
veteran
I have some ideas for feats/perks/talents in D:OS2

vegan warrior
advantages:
+ healthy: You get a bonus to your hit points, because you eat healthy food.
+ food adaption: You get a bigger effect from food made of plants and from potions made of herbs.
disadvantages:
- You cannot use food or potions that have parts from animals.
- You cannot equip items that have parts of animals (leather armor, bowstrings are made of animals, . . .)
- You get a penalty when fighting animals, people or other things that are made of "meat" because you don´t want to harm other lifeforms.

And the opposite of this:
Carnivore
advantages:
+ Eating muscles makes you strong. You gain 1 strengh.
+ bite: When fighting animal, people or other things made of meat, you can bite it to cause damage and gain some health.
+ food adaption: You get a bigger effect from eating meat.
disadvantages:
- You cannot drink potions and you cannot eat plants.
- You are a savage. Civilized people do not like you.

Maybe your source powers have turned you into a plant
Dryade (need to find a name for the male version)
advantages and disadvantages:
+ Photosysthesis: You regenerate health when being outside in the sun. There is no effect when you are in the shadows, you carry a lamp or you are near a light source (lamp, torch, . . .). But you will constantly lose HP when you are in a dark place.
+ You get a bonus when you are wet, but you get a penalty when its too hot.
+ You can root yourself in one place and gain extra power from the earth (+1 to each attribute). You cannot move when you do this. When you stop the effect, it takes 2 turns until you can move again. You take lots of damage when the ground gets poisoned. You get extra damage when something forces you to move (like teleport spell).
+ You are weak against fire bacause your skin is like wood.
+ You can talk to plants.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Madscientist
I have some ideas for feats/perks/talents in D:OS2

vegan warrior

And the opposite of this:
Carnivore

Maybe your source powers have turned you into a plant
Dryade (need to find a name for the male version)

Lol. For better or worse, these are some suggestions properly fitting the theme of this thread. smile

veteran
veteran
Randomly generated dungeons. Too bad, they'd work with GM mode: you set up how many rooms you want, tileset (indoor, outdoor, cave etc) and poof? every time a new dungeon!

Sub-races. Like NWN2. They were awesome.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 02/04/16 08:00 PM.
A possibility to make own cult/sect in the game with blackjack and h.... eh followers.
So the followers can perform "dirty" missions and do whatever you command.

Sounds almost like Game Master Mode muhahahaha *evil laugh*

The ability to shape nature with spells. Meaning if these elements are present you can use them otherwise not.

- ie your in a forest grove and you can take control of trees and bind your enemies to the spot (via roots) or have them grab and crush your enemies.

- Shape the earth to create golems and bind them with the captured souls of your enemies. Or shape the earth to divert a river and cut off your enemies from pursuing you (or drown them) if there is a river present.

- Shape sand into quicksand by infusing it with a water element. Or create a sandstorm to blind your enemies.

- Create elementals from nature and bottle them to use on your enemies. ie. capture fire from a burning building and turn it into an elemental (store it in a bottle) etc

stranger
stranger
1. Level-free role playing system.
Character can earn points to improve abilities and learn skills or get talents for some achievements (e.g., being poisoned 30 times to get slight poison resistance), but his hp, damage and attack abilities (ratings) won't grow.

So you can go anyway from the start. And common skeleton in the beginning and in the end of the game will be rather equal enemies.

And legendary "Super Ultimate Divine God Slayer Broadsword", got at the beginning of the game won't be worse than common rusty kitchen knife found in the last town waste.

2. Accidental magical effects for low-skilled mages or for mage specialized on opposite mage schools (e.g., both fire and water)
Inspired by game "In Virtus Verbis" and wild mage from D&D

E.g., every mage can try to cast fireball (if skill learned), but mage with low intelligence (or fire magic skill) has chance to cast wrong spell (e.g. incinerate), or cast spell in wrong direction, or with some side effect.

Or mage with fire and water spells can cast fireball followed by rain

3. Character's appearance (and talents) change due to used skills. E.g., for continual skeletons summoning get charisma penalty and look like lich.

4. More strength and dexterity based skills

V
stranger
stranger
V
I dont think any of the cRPG titles is ever going to do scale as well as Final Fantasy does when talking about how grand and awesome spells and summons are. The way they are presented etc.

I mean look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0OCZC8TVY

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by velurian
I dont think any of the cRPG titles is ever going to do scale as well as Final Fantasy does when talking about how grand and awesome spells and summons are. The way they are presented etc.

I remember back in the day playing FF7. When you were summoning Knight of the Round with mimes and all this materia shinanigan. You could literally go take a shower and come back to see the last Knight of the Round summoned.
This is the kind of thing that you watch 5 times and that you just want to skip after because it takes way too much time.

How about the ability to climb or jump on walls through high dexterity rolls and perhaps to rappel or grapple as well along surfaces for thief or rogue/assassin class only???

One of the things in DOS that I really enjoyed is that If you didn't like the content of a chest, than you could savescum and get better or worst items than the last treasure you tried for. Until of course someone decided to whine about it and then it was patched to a worst method and randomly generated as you entered a map. I think treasure should go back to its original form.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by norD
Originally Posted by velurian

I remember back in the day playing FF7. When you were summoning Knight of the Round with mimes and all this materia shinanigan. You could literally go take a shower and come back to see the last Knight of the Round summoned.
This is the kind of thing that you watch 5 times and that you just want to skip after because it takes way too much time.

Thats why there is a short and a long version of the spell. It just builds soooo much scale and empowers the player IMO.

Fallout 2.
My 2 cents. ))

K
stranger
stranger
K
I'd love the ability to shapeshift into a dragon like in Divinity 2. Would work pretty well without too much extra effort in an isometric RPG since you can ignore the whole flying thing.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard