Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
People on the Steam forum seem understandably confused about the D:OS EE Collector's Edition.

For one, your Steam store page (using the U.S. as an example) lists D:OS EE for $39 and D:OS EE CE for $69. However, beyond the price being different it doesn't provide any details about what's included in either product. I can't imagine anyone giving you $69 for the CE without knowing what additional goodies are in it first. Since this is costing you potential sales, you probably want to get that updated sooner rather than later.

Second, owners of the D:OS CE are asking if they're getting the D:OS EE *Collector's Edition" for free. Right now they only appear to be getting the standard D:OS EE (non-CE) showing up in their library (and not the D:OS EE CE instead).

Finally, people are asking if there's a way to upgrade from the D:OS EE to the D:OS EE CE, as right now there is no upgrade path available on Steam.

My brain hurts from all the abbreviations.

journeyman
journeyman
Need DoS:EE Collector ! I've back DoS collector edition.

Last edited by BoTToX; 27/10/15 03:59 PM.

My signed collector bike ; )
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Gyson
Second, owners of the D:OS CE are asking if they're getting the D:OS EE *Collector's Edition" for free. Right now they only appear to be getting the standard D:OS EE (non-CE) showing up in their library (and not the D:OS EE CE instead).

I wonder how anyone can nag about that one. You already own the CE content within the "old" D:OS.

Owning the CE content for D:OS EE doesn't change a thing.

Btw, if you own D:OS CE, you can upgrade your D:OS EE to D:OS EE CE yourself (yes, those abbreviations are also already causing me a headache hehe ). Just copy your CollectorsEdition folder from your old installation to your new one. hehe Done!

[Linked Image]

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by DarthDavy

I wonder how anyone can nag about that one. You already own the CE content within the "old" D:OS.

Yes, you are right about this one.
But the other questions from Gyson are still standing.

As I only have regular D:OS EE will I be able to upgrade to CC?

Support
Support

The EE includes the Source Hunter DLC for everyone. I think the collector's edition is just 2 copies of the game.

A
A
Originally Posted by DarthDavy

Owning the CE content for D:OS EE doesn't change a thing.

Btw, if you own D:OS CE, you can upgrade your D:OS EE to D:OS EE CE yourself (yes, those abbreviations are also already causing me a headache hehe ). Just copy your CollectorsEdition folder from your old installation to your new one. hehe Done!

[Linked Image]

You know, in this context, Larian can do exactly the same thing for me automatically. Should be no issue, at least I hope so that you can cross-reference other games within the steam lib of your customers to activate special content.

And btw, there is no upgrade option on the steam store anyway, which means ... I have no idea what it means, as I have not tested if my pants are in my inventory if I start a new game. ;-)

Manually copying is still a nice workaround, even when a lot of people might be not too happy about downloading the game twice and manually fiddling with the files.

For one, your Steam store page (using the U.S. as an example) lists D:OS EE for $39 and D:OS EE CE for $69. However, beyond the price being different it doesn't provide any details about what's included in either product. I can't imagine anyone giving you $69 for the CE without knowing what additional goodies are in it first. Since this is costing you potential sales, you probably want to get that updated sooner rather than later.

Finally, people are asking if there's a way to upgrade from the D:OS EE to the D:OS EE CE, as right now there is no upgrade path available on Steam.

My brain hurts from all the abbreviations.

I am confused as well as I thought that I would get with the physical tier pledge from the KS on GOG the CE edition but got the standard EE version instead.
I am not sure but it seems like the new CE edition added an additional game copy to the past CE editions bonusses like soundtrack, artbook, etc..

As long Larian is aware of this situation I am fine as long it gets addressed at some point.
Even the Steam copy was a gift to the backers do I hope they fix that mess there as well as it would be silly to require loading the original game just to get access to the extras.
I wish GOG ould have allowed to keep the old, original version in the game library like they did on Steam like GOG also allows keeping copies of old games which got pulled from their store site, e.g. Fallout.

P.S. to Gyson: You're not the only one who's head is spinning with those monster-sized abbreviations. smile

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard