Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MrGash Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

First, a big THANK YOU for allowing me to get my D:OS EE key via the larian vault. I backed D:OS2 and had never owned the original game, so am very excited to play.

I was able to generate the key, but when activated in steam, it shows up on my games list, but I go to install it and it says it finished after only 13 Mb. and the game produces and error when I launch it.

I'm assuming a bug, and i'm just eager to get my hands on your game!

Any instructions here? Did I do something wrong? is it a bug?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MrGash; 27/10/15 04:10 PM.
stranger
stranger
Congrats on the new game, I played the original and loved it, but now will be able to have the full experience along with you.

Though I am not an admin, I just wanted to let you know that I am currently downloading the game as we speak. You might want to restart steam and try it again if you have not done so. I hope that this issue resolves itself and allows you to download it! Have a wonderful day!

MrGash Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for the reply!

Alas, I tried restarting Steam to no avail.

I am wondering if there is something going wrong for those of us who never owned the original?

I edited in a screenshot of what I'm seeing in my post above.

Last edited by MrGash; 27/10/15 04:11 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi,
i backed D:OS2 and had never owned the original game just like you, i just got the key and steam is downloading 9.3 GB. I advise you to delete the game on steam, then restart steam and then try downloading the game again.

MrGash Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for confirming!

I think it must be something going on with STEAM as well. I haven't been able to solve the issue, but i installed STEAM on another computer and the full download size shows correctly.

Too bad there's no way this laptop can handle the game! grrr

So, a steam/computer issue, not a game one.

I'll be able to play this game eventually >.< maybe i'll try reinstalling steam completely. I think I can do that without having to reinstall all my games from scratch.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Hey, I had the original but I have some 13 mb bullcrap as well.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
If nothing works install on your laptop, transfer via usb and then install again/verify cache.

MrGash Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I still haven't found a fix.

I uninstalled Steam and reinstalled it after deleting everything (for good measure I uninstalled all my games, everything)

Reinstalled and still no dice. 13Mb.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Well I don't have time to play today, but I wanted tomorrow, so you better fix it by then guys! laugh

MrGash Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
OK I think I figured it out.

I had recently updated my machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Apparently somewhere in the processes I went from 64-bit Win 7 to 32-bit Win 10. I had assumed doing the upgrade would keep something like that the same, but apparently i missed a checkbox or it didn't give me the option or something.

Someone on the Steam discussion thread said that this could be causing the conflict.

It means i will have to do a clean install of Windows to install 64 bit version of Win 10, but I will report back once I've done so.

I think this must be the issue as the laptop I tried it on was 64 bit OS.

Anyone else having trouble confirm if they are on 64bit or 32bit Windows?

N
addict
addict
N
Well, the EE only has 64-bit Windows depots on Steam, so I assume it won't work on 32-bit Windows:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

MrGash Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Indeed! I never thought it would.

My mistake was that i was under the assumption that I had a 64 bit OS when in reality I was running only 32 bit.

User error! I'm just admitting to my mistake so that others may learn from it in case they came across the same issue.

That being said, the move from win 7 ->10 really should have kept the same version imho. Can we all agree to blame Microsoft and not me at all?

wink

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard