Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#572164 27/10/15 06:40 PM
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Not seeing the Divinity Engine tool set for the enhanced edition popping up in my Steam tools list. The tool set from the original game doesn't seem to be compatible. Granted, I only tried it for about a minute or two, but it seemed to just be spitting all sorts of errors and exceptions when I tried to load up the EE Campaign.

Any official word from Larian on this? Will we be getting tools to make campaigns for the EE version of the game?

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
From Q&A (http://steamcommunity.com/app/373420/discussions/0/483368526589526428/#p1)

2. Where is the game editor?

There currently is no game editor for Divinity:Original Sin Enhanced Edition. You can make and play mods with the original version of Divinity:Original Sin.

--

Ouch. I'm really bummed out now.

old hand
old hand
Well, the full quote is:

There currently is no game editor for Divinity:Original Sin Enhanced Edition. If you own Divinity:Original Sin, you can make and play mods with the original version of Divinity:Original Sin. We are looking into releasing a new version of the editor that will allow you to make mods for Divinity:Original Sin - Enhanced Edition. Mods from Divinity:Original Sin will not be compatible because too many changes were made to the game.

Who knows when though. The last sentence is the real bummer, but not surprising.

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Yeah, they actually edited the quote about an hour after I posted this.

It's pretty nice because their initial verbiage seemed to indicate no immediate plans for the editor. With the revised answer, there's clear indication they're planning to release the editor at some point, though it might be long while from now.

The original mods being incompatible with EE was something that was clear to me before release of EE. The lack of modding tools on EE launch wasn't though. I'm glad they're at least looking into it, because mod tools were one of the reasons I bought the original game.

apprentice
apprentice
Totally agree... mod tools. Need. smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Definitely. Give us toys, then leave us be. But give us our toys ^^

Pride, honour and purity
F
stranger
stranger
F
Considering I bought this game specifically because it said it had an editor... yeah I would love it. I want to make mods like I did back in the NWN days. The story is fun, but I really get more out of making my own stories and sharing them with friends.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nothing to do with F4 "modders", this is Larian dropping the ball (again, on the same 'front' ffs) all on its own.
- First time around, and after quite some patches (wasn't even usable before if you may recall, not by GOG users) it was too strict, complex and forbidding for anyone to do anything worthy of note with it. Second time around .. well it hasn't even shipped yet. Who knows, might never -

This all being from my perspective of course. Something tells me that the effort having gone into "polish" no one should give a damn about is much more profitable than extra man-hours spent on editor functionalities or services.. in the short run.

I half hope i am proven wrong, but unless they are fine with a direction having nothing to do with what they were about, they will soon come to realise that, in the long run, it is other factors that could have benefited this studio. Ones having fuck all to do with voice overs, flashier graphic"z" or console ports.

Pride, honour and purity
old hand
old hand
I think they basically decided the D:OS1 modding scene wasn't worth cultivating at this point, and they're going to put their efforts into D:OS2 for modding. GM mode is pretty ambitious, after all.

And sorry, but voice overs, flashy graphics, and console ports probably do sell more copies than good modding support for 99% of games, as much as I love modding. Only Skyrim, NWN, and the fallouts have probably really seen a great number of sales because of a huge mod community. D:OS's editor was too complicated to join that camp, and the EE wasn't going to rectify that (though I admit, a delayed release really hasn't helped), but based on their kickstarter stretch goals, I think they will make a much stronger effort for D:OS 2.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hope the editor for EE would be much more user friendly. I Tried the first one, bud even that I am a programmer, it feeled too clumsy. Inspire in NWN editor which had some bad things, but generally was very usable.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@Raze?

Any word on where we stand regarding an EE editor? Good or bad, long as it paints a clear(er) picture.
I can understand the reason behind the ambiguity of a statement denoting "currently", but some months past, i suppose someone must have a clearer idea of what's going on. And if so, maybe it's high time you guys clarified, even if only so we can put this to rest. Seriously.

Pride, honour and purity
Support
Support

I'll check.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks! :P

Pride, honour and purity
Support
Support

The focus right now is on the next patch (testing has started), but once that is done, an updated editor will be released for the EE. If everything goes smoothly (with the game and editor) and no critical issues found, hopefully the editor could possibly be released before Christmas... if not, after.

old hand
old hand
Sounds good. Glad to hear it's still in the plans

And if you happen to wander over to the tools programer's system before the editor ships and enable developer mode I won't tell anybody silence

A
addict
addict
A
Won't tell it either ;-)

In regard to some balance-modding (like Baardvark does) and to create really new game-experiences it would be very helpful to be able to modify and add new attributes, abilities, talents and traits, for example. A quite basic thing that is impossible at the moment. Maybe one of the improvements in EEE for christmas?

Anyway, thanks for the good news. I'm really looking forward to the release!

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

The focus right now is on the next patch (testing has started), but once that is done, an updated editor will be released for the EE. If everything goes smoothly (with the game and editor) and no critical issues found, hopefully the editor could possibly be released before Christmas... if not, after.

Woot!!!!! laugh

Pride, honour and purity
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Swen also confirmed that the editor is coming along with the release on Steam OS and all in the update #20 video.

Last edited by norD; 21/12/15 09:04 PM.
old hand
old hand
Is the editor going to be a frozen version from when the EE was being developed?

Or will it include some of the newer features like the snazzy new dialog editor and stuff like terrain undo, assuming you got around to adding that?.

Another thing before I forget:
Awhile back Raze mentioned that some changes to the workshop make it possible for larger Steam Workshop file sizes. The old version had a 100mb limit which was way too small. I actually had to cut stuff out of my mod to make it fit.

Last edited by SniperHF; 22/12/15 03:36 AM.
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
I seriously have no idea @SniperHF.
I asked myself the same question and got no answer. Lots of people are on holiday vacations already.
I can say to you though that the terrain undo won't be in since we don't even have that ourselves (sadly).

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard