Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 57 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 56 57
veteran
veteran
[Linked Image]
This happens in the pirate cave in the area with tons of switches.
I used this switch (arrow) and a chest appeared.
I opened the chest and found some gold and a pair of non magic shoes inside.
I loaded the game and now I received 10 points of damage when I try to open the chest.
I bashed the chest and got the same items as in the beginning.

I can understand if this chest is a trap (This area is full of traps.) But it should do the same thing every time.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
I was fighting Pontius the pirate in the cave.
One of his servants ( a mage) walked on the ship, there was an explosion and he died.
I did not use the cannon (because I was fighting them from the entrance).
I have no idea what caused his death.

If there was a trap, do enemies trigger their own traps?

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Quriel
Hello,

The patch is supposed to correct this:

fixed Victoria's book: Forgotten Language of Faery not always generating correctly

But I still cannot buy the book to Victoria. Does anyone have this issue?

Did you check her inventory *after* you leveled again (so her inventory refreshes)? I would imagine the fix is not to just give her a copy of the book every time we load up the game, but to fix the bug where the book would be absent from her inventory after an inventory *refresh*.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabby96
Originally Posted by Quriel
Hello,

The patch is supposed to correct this:

fixed Victoria's book: Forgotten Language of Faery not always generating correctly

But I still cannot buy the book to Victoria. Does anyone have this issue?

Did you check her inventory *after* you leveled again (so her inventory refreshes)? I would imagine the fix is not to just give her a copy of the book every time we load up the game, but to fix the bug where the book would be absent from her inventory after an inventory *refresh*.

This has been fixed in the latest patch.
She had the book when I talked to her the first time, but she lost it when I talked to her again.

With the latest patch, the book is in her inventory again.
I just bought it from her. (My chars were not in town when I installed the patch)

Last edited by Madscientist; 06/11/15 08:43 PM.

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image]
The image for the globe ( a ball that looks like earth (or the planet Rivallon is on (unless Rivallon is the name for the planet)) is wrong. It looks like a set of mugs.

This was already like this in the original game. The globe looks correct in the game world, its only the inventory image.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Thanks for the PC-patch! You guys rock, and I'm sorry I was so impatient.

An issue that I want to adress, is the similarity of magic items. Is this a respawn-bug? I'm still getting similar items with differ t color code and very little variation.

Also, I don't get the point of debuff-potions. Can they be used for anything?

It is also still strange that you've made item drop based on level. Part of the fun with the original game, was finding an item that you had to work hard to be able to use. The whole point seems a bit lost now.

Finally, I think the ingredient-bug from the original release is back. Example: On my first playthrough, I didn't find a single sinew to make a bowstring. In my next game, I found 9 in a single area. Same with Lost Souls etc. Is this a bug? Maybe you could spread this out a bit more?

G
stranger
stranger
G
I encountered a bug in the pc version in Hiberheim right outside almanias stone gate.
I have dug up and picked up the key for the lever but it doesnt do anything. The lever does its animation and it doesnt say locked above it but the gate doesnt react making it impossible to pass it.

Last edited by Grammse; 06/11/15 10:40 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Bugs:

-Some overhead dialogues during combat can glitch out or overlap (Sparkmaster).
-Blind effect does nothing. No sight range reduction, no to-hit penalty, nothing.
-Combat music looping stops after one track.
-Attack of opportunities sometimes are not made. Im getting the text about it but no attack animation or miss/damage text.

Wishlist:

-Longer delay (1 or 2 min) between overhead banters.
-Lowered footstep sounds compared to other fx sounds. Those damn rats can make me crazy with their constant *tap-tap-tap-tap*.
-Faster healing when using a bed -> wasting less time
-More HP from food but higher ap cost to use them in combat -> wasting less time outside of combat, costly inside of combat and more fair to comps without a healer early.
-Weapon sets for dual wielders and shield users -> easier and less costly to change weapons for these characters OR
-New talent that halves the cost of weapon changing from 2 (one weapon) and 4 (two weapon) to 1 and 2 -> more flexibility with weapon combos (2 dagger+bow, shield+crossbow, etc.).
-Fix or a system for 1 melee+1 wand combo.
-Reduced sneaking AP cost to 3 -> not as OP as before and not as useless as now.
-Faster spell animations -> wasting less time. :D

Last edited by TreNich; 06/11/15 11:03 PM.
veteran
veteran
- I think I had 100% hit chance against blind enemies. But the enemy did not change at all (no reduced hit chance or something like this.) In the original game blind enemies did nothing at all and no blind does nothing. ( except maybe giving you 100% hit chance what makes even less sense)

- I have no problems with the sound of rats. My only problem is that I want to talk to them.

F
stranger
stranger
F
The shambling oak death wand disappeared from my inventory after I picked it up and chests no longer become greyed out after I empty them.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
[quote=Grammse]I encountered a bug in the pc version in Hiberheim right outside almanias stone gate.
I have dug up and picked up the key for the lever but it doesnt do anything. The lever does its animation and it doesnt say locked above it but the gate doesnt react making it impossible to pass it.[/quote]

I hit this issue today but it is easy to bypass. When standing at the gate you cannot teleport because view of ground on other side is blocked from line of site. So just move your party to the right of the gate...it has some elevation and there is a spot you can stand right on edge, put your mage there and then teleport a party member into area below past the gate.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Yesterday I posted 2 bugs after recent patch, then commented later the mouse but dissappeared...that was premature...it is back today even after having rebooted, and others have seen the same issue.

I never saw this issue before the patch. It is a drag/drop issue for PC version of game. When dragging an item through inventory screen, the game loses track of fact that I have mouse button held down, and it drops the item.

However, it is more complicated than that...it does not completely lose track of fact I was dragging item and just drop it....sometimes it seems to only lose track for a second and will swap what I'm dragging for whatever mouse was over when it hits this hiccup. For example, if I'm dragging a sword to a bag across my inventory, a few squares before I get there, the the sword will drop. Sometimes it just swaps position between original sword location and the object I was over when item dropped. Other times however, it will swap item on cursor...so instead of dragging the sword, I'm now dragging the other object my mouse was passing over....so instead of sword in bag, I end up with some random inventory item in the bag, and the sword in some other place in inventory.

This is a very annoying bug, and never happened prior to patch...now it is hard to avoid it happening. I have to drag items slowly...that seems to reduce chance of issue occurring.

Also, this evening the last few saved games from this morning session (heiberheim) are all missing...this is probably related more to cloud sync that game does..the saves were there before I exited this morning.

Have also had some audio dropouts with music mixed with action that I did not notice occuring prior to patch.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Chests/Barrels/etc. do not show empty after being looted anymore and the mouse icon remains 'golden' instead of grey.

I'm on PC

D
Dee Offline
stranger
stranger
D
I seem to have a near game-breaking bug on PS4. I try to sell things to vendors only to never get the gold from the transaction. No matter who I sell things to or what I try to sell, I never get money for it. I can barter and trade items for items, but I can't get any more money. If I find money, it works just fine. Is that just me or is this known? Is there a way to fix it?

D
Dee Offline
stranger
stranger
D
Ah, nevermind. It seems if you put your money in your backpack, you can no longer get more from selling things. I took my money out of my pack and everything was fine.

D
stranger
stranger
D
- Silence scroll + Blank Witchcraft book gives invalid combination, should result in Silence skill book.

- Boulder Bash scroll + Blank Earth book gives invalid combination, should result in Boulder Bash skill book

- Resurrect scroll + Blank Witchcraft book gives invalid combination, should result in Resurrect skill book

When you click with the right mouse button on these scrolls (Silence, Boulder bash and Ressurect) do not show the alternative "combine with". This happens also with scrolls of Expert Marksman Skill's, such as Doctor, Treat Poisoning and Frist Aid scrolls, but in these cases there is no possibility of crafting for this skill, even for the Scoundrel and Man-at-Arms skills.

* Sorry for my english... I am Brazilian.

Last edited by Dinho0w; 07/11/15 06:06 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
[PS4] can't combine healing pots (small) to medium, or I must be missing something.

I missed something...you need to split 1st.

Last edited by altijdwat; 07/11/15 07:20 AM.
veteran
veteran
I talked to the person outside of Evelyns cave. He said he was a sourcerer but I chose not to kill him. I looked into his inventory but I did not buy anything from him.

Then I used the scroll to open the entrance. I talked to him again, asking the same questions. Now it lead to a RPS game wich I won and a second RPS followed immidiatly wich I lost. I had to fight him and he dropped all the things I saw in his inventory bofore. (thanks for the empty skill book)

It felt strange somehow. Is this the intended behaviour? First I say I do not want to kill him and then he wants one RPS after the other until I lose and then he attacs?

PS: Why did you change the name Evelyn into Evamaria in the german version? All other names of people are the same and now it feels even more strange than before because of the full voice acting.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Madscientist

It felt strange somehow. Is this the intended behaviour? First I say I do not want to kill him and then he wants one RPS after the other until I lose and then he attacs?

After losing RPS first try and getting thrown into combat, I tried the entrance while in combat and went through the conversation with him again. I won RPS three times in a row and he then gave in and allowed me in. Going back outside later combat with him starts over again.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi all,

Really enjoying DOS:EE on the PS4 but I've come across some issues which are currently degrading my overall playing experience, though whilst they are sporadic they are hindering the fluidity of the game, game is obviously still playable but not working as intended.

At times during combat, the game will freeze for about 30 secs+ , unfreeze, but FPS drops to a state of which is uncomfortable to play, thus having to restart.

Also the combat audio cuts out at random times, fixed only by restarting too.

Probably the best way to explain it is visually in this video. (Watch from 36:55), which shows the Freeze and the after effect in FPS drop.
http://www.twitch.tv/smoovmoovz/v/24356001

@36:29 on this video, the combat sounds/effects are non existent
http://www.twitch.tv/smoovmoovz/v/24362763

Page 10 of 57 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard