Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Draba #600937 12/03/17 01:40 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
I wanted to firstly apologize to Norbyte on how I worded my previous posts in concern to potential threat contained within one of the files in the Extractor tool.

I was corrected and informed that files in question were in fact created by someone else, and now Norbyte as awesome as he is went an extra mile and had the file reanalyzed and corrected from showing up as false positive on VirusTotal.

Props to Norbyte!

Draba #602127 10/04/17 06:15 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
I keep getting this error message. Followed some of the instructions earlier, but it just isn't working. Any help would be appreciated

http://imgur.com/a/NDL3T

mankev #602151 11/04/17 08:07 AM
Support
Support

Did you try setting the destination folder to be a subfolder of the 'Data' folder, rather than on your Desktop?

Did you try right clicking the ConverterApp.exe and running as administrator?

Draba #602164 11/04/17 03:22 PM
N
addict
addict
N
Hmm, I've seen this error before but there are quite a lot of possible causes.
The most likely possibility is that you don't have the Visual C++ 2015 x86 runtime installed. In this case, download it from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 (the x86 version, not the x64 one). If it doesn't work, some more debugging would be required if you're up to it.

Draba #602325 15/04/17 10:04 PM
N
addict
addict
N
v1.8.0 released!

Download URL: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Changes since the last version:
- Added support for story file formats up to v1.11 (D:OS2)
- Added support for saving story files (experimental)
- Added LSJ (JSON) load/save support
- Add support for D:OS2 UUID values in LSX/LSF/LSB/LSJ files
- File timestamp is now loaded correctly from LSX files
- Fix import of hexadecimal LSX integer values
- Fix (de)compression of zero-length LSF streams
- GR2: Fixed UV export for models with "UVChannel_X" or "mapX" channel names

Last edited by Norbyte; 24/09/17 03:04 PM. Reason: Update link to latest ver
Draba #604177 26/05/17 07:46 PM
old hand
old hand
Perhaps foolishly I am trying to add some skills to DOS2. Things have been going fairly swimmingly (some aspects of scripting are much easier, for example), except I'm having trouble accessing the root templates so I can create new skillbooks.

When I try and convert the 12mb _merged.lsf file in the RootTemplates folder (of shared), it takes likes 40 minutes and converts it into a 500mb .lsx file which basically has same chunk of text with some minor variations repeated several million times. I can convert the smaller 1mb _merged.lsf in the RootTemplates folder of the Origins file in a couple seconds, but it's similarly a bunch of repeated text. Not sure if the converter just can't handle these new root templates files, or if I'm doing something wrong. Norbyte, have you had any luck extracting the DOS2 root templates files into comprehensible, useful .lsx files?

I tried using the old root template structure from D:OS EE but no dice there.

If not, I'm looking into other ways to add character skills without skillbooks.

Edit: Figured out another way to script in item use giving skills. Should work fine. Still would be nice to figure out how to make root templates but not a big deal right now.

Last edited by Baardvark; 26/05/17 08:50 PM.
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by Baardvark
When I try and convert the 12mb _merged.lsf file in the RootTemplates folder (of shared), it takes likes 40 minutes and converts it into a 500mb .lsx file which basically has same chunk of text with some minor variations repeated several million times..

It was an LSF parsing bug, fixed in v1.7.2 and again v1.7.3. In v1.7.3+ .lsf files should be converted to XML properly.

Draba #604285 28/05/17 04:45 AM
old hand
old hand
Oh snap, I guess I was using an old version, thought I downloaded 1.8.0. Got it working now, thanks a bunch!

Draba #606857 30/07/17 07:54 PM
N
addict
addict
N
v1.8.1 released!

Download link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Changes:
- Add savegame story database modification support (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Speed up package compression/decompression
- OSI: Fix crash during story saving
- OSI: Fix handling of aliased types
- OSI: Fix loading/saving of v1.10 stories
- Add JSON exporters for Mat/Vec/IVec[2..4]
- GR2: Add option for flipping V channel of UV maps. GR2 requires the V channel to be flipped (1.0 - V) compared to "standard" UV maps; this option is enabled by default
- GR2: Fix import of broken 3ds Max exports with references to nonexistent animations/skeletons
- GR2: Fix missing bone weights (library_controllers) in DAE export
- GR2: Fix "Export normals/tangents/UVs" options
- GR2: Fix crash when VertexComponentNames is empty or missing
- GR2: Use vertex data instead of VertexComponentNames (which is unreliable)
- GR2: Add support for 3ds Max 2017 DAE exports
- GR2: Fix serialization of VariantReference types
- GR2: Fix assertion failure when the last member of a struct is garbled
- GR2: Add support for vertex format PNGBTT34322

L
stranger
stranger
L
Hi, I keep getting this error when trying to import .gr2 meshes and animations from DoS2 into the GR2 converter. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/STkezCw.png

---------------------------------------
Internal error!

System.IO.InvalidDataException: Granny2.dll is required for
odle0/oodlel compressed GR2 files.
at Lib Native Granny2Compressor.Decompress (Int32 format, Byte[]
compressed, Int32 decompressedSize, Int32 stop0, Int32 stop1, Int32
stop2)
at LSLib Granny.GR2.GR2Reader Uncompress Stream0
at LSLib Granny GR2.GR2Reader Read(object root)
at LSLib Granny GR2Utils LoadModel (String inputpath, Export Format format)
at ConverterApp.GR2Pane.loadlnputBtn Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
---------------------------------------

Last edited by l2dusk; 10/09/17 01:13 AM.
Draba #609801 10/09/17 07:55 AM
N
addict
addict
N
Hi,

It means that you should copy Granny2.dll from D:OS to the directory of the extractor to be able to load these GR2 files. Unfortunately I cannot include this dll in the package for legal reasons.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Norbyte
Hi,

It means that you should copy Granny2.dll from D:OS to the directory of the extractor to be able to load these GR2 files. Unfortunately I cannot include this dll in the package for legal reasons.

Thank you so much! I actually did search for it in the game's folder before posting but didn't find anything. Just assumed I was doing something wrong, but its actually in the Divinity engine folder:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\The Divinity Engine\granny2.dll

Draba #610896 14/09/17 08:04 PM
N
addict
addict
N
v1.8.2 released!

Link: https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Changes:
- Added support for D:OS 2 attribute formats in LSF/LSB/LSJ/LSX files
- Fixed Osi serialization bugs for D:OS EE and 2

Draba #610915 14/09/17 08:52 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E
Hey Norbyte,

Thanks for the tool first off :) I've used the latest revision of v1.8.2 to attempt to modify a couple of my latest saves as I have a permanently Wet party member, and after following the steps in a prior guide by RKane to convert and edit the files into a new package, my load doesn't go anywhere past around 75% after prompting the whole "save file may be corrupt". Would you have any insight as to if something has changed or if there is an extra step that will need to be done?

Thanks!

Evirrr #612066 16/09/17 04:28 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Evirrr
Hey Norbyte,

Thanks for the tool first off smile I've used the latest revision of v1.8.2 to attempt to modify a couple of my latest saves as I have a permanently Wet party member, and after following the steps in a prior guide by RKane to convert and edit the files into a new package, my load doesn't go anywhere past around 75% after prompting the whole "save file may be corrupt". Would you have any insight as to if something has changed or if there is an extra step that will need to be done?

Thanks!

I am having a similar issue as well. I just tried to use this tool to change a tag on my character in a text editor after unpacking the .lsv, converting the .lsf to .lsx, then repacking everything. I get a corrupt save file warning and the game crashes when I try to load it.

Draba #612143 16/09/17 07:50 AM
N
addict
addict
N
Hi all,

I'm looking for a possible fix to the issue, I'll upload a new version of the tool after it is fixed.

The corrupt save warning is normal, as the hashes in meta.lsf are not recalculated when you manually modify globals.lsf, it should not affect savegame loading though, the problem is most likely that globals.lsf is not exported properly.

Draba #612416 16/09/17 01:42 PM
N
addict
addict
N

E
stranger
stranger
E

Hey man, someone linked this thread in the technical issues thread I made about bugged/broken saves.

Freeze/Save problems

The problem appears to be something bloating the save files/memory leak problems in fort joy, is it possible that we can fix an issue like that with your tool if we manage to identify the cause?

A
stranger
stranger
A

I can confirm everything works as it should now, didn't even get a corrupt save warning when loading either. Thank you for the tool and the quick update! grin

Draba #613182 17/09/17 09:35 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey,
First of all, big thanks for this awesome tool. I'm really happy, that someone made something like this.

Hmm, the thing is... I want to translate D:OS2 into my language. So I'm using this panel:

https://imgur.com/a/AeIOF

next, I'm translating a few strings and click on Create Package, but ingame text is still in English.

To be honest, I don't know where is the problem.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard