Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Draba #618492 21/09/17 10:34 PM
F
stranger
stranger
F
The tool is awesome, but I encountered problems with modifying story database in a save file - it was loading OK, but my changes were not getting saved (raising DB_CompMax, to be specific - for... reasons. Reasons having to do with trying to respec Lone Wolf), even though some changes to the savegame were evidently being done (timestamp & slight file size change). It was back to initial value after reloading the modified savegame in the tool.

I managed to get around it in a roundabout way with help from other parts of the tool - extracted global.lsf, converted to .lsx, grabbed story string, decoded from base64, saved as .osi, loaded into tool, edited DB_CompMax, saved (in this case it worked - verified by reloading the saved .osi file), opened .osi file, encoded to base64, pasted into globals.lsx, converted to .lsf, and finally repacked into .lsv - and then it worked (woohoo!). I guess this means that there was some issue at the very step of saving story db modifications into the savefile.

Last edited by foresterr; 21/09/17 10:35 PM.
Draba #619296 22/09/17 06:59 PM
N
addict
addict
N
That part wasn't tested very extensively so I guess such a bug is possible; I'll check.

Draba #619958 23/09/17 05:27 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm lost.
Trying to put in some mods this way so I can still get achievements.
I unpacked a few mods and they made a mods and public folder and that's about as far as I got. They don't work and after looking for a slight bit I believe I'm supposed to first unpack the main game file before unpacking/extracting the mods to the data folder correct? Or am I just supposed to unpack the mods into the data folder and be done?

Draba #620378 24/09/17 09:33 AM
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I used the tool to unpack the .PAK files, extracted them, copied the Public folder to the Data folder and whenever I start the game the mod is not working in game...

Draba #620538 24/09/17 03:14 PM
N
addict
addict
N
I've just checked by extracting Baardvark's Bard mod to the Data\ directory and it shows up in the game for me.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yea I've tried to ways now. I've extracted directly into the data folder and starting the game as is and I still have to activate them through the mod list which disables achievements. I've also removed the mod named folders and just put their contents in public to see if that works, and it doesn't. Am I supposed to dump the mod folders in mods as well into public or what? No matter what I do it seems to be as simple as just extract and start but they don't work. Trying to the faster out of combat run speed mod, removed bush/rocks while sneaking (because I think it looks silly), party increase, and greed mod. No matter what I do they will not activate without me having to activate them.

Draba #620940 25/09/17 05:12 AM
W
stranger
stranger
W
Hey Norbyte, just wanted to say huge thanks for the save file editor - it allowed me to fix an issue I was having in my 4-p campaign (we couldn't add in a 4th "player" (true player, not companion player) after the campaign had already started). Details on the fix here for anyone interested: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=620936&#Post620936

Anywho, I thought I might try my luck here by asking if anyone had a save file lying around, in which Fane was an Avatar (not companion), and past act 1 (preferably just in act 2, so I can avoid spoilers, and to make deciphering which quest flags I need easier, but I'll take anything past act 1!

Note that it doesn't need to be a multi-player campaign! it can be a single-player as well!

Draba #621038 25/09/17 09:46 AM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Hi!

Brand new to trying to mod Original Sin 2. Trying to edit starting talents and possibly some tags, so I picked up the pak extractor and I'm currently stumbling through it. I have a question on it:

Do PAK files need to be recompressed once you extract them? I think I saw some saying you could simply extract and edit the files within the PAKs, put them in the correct folder, and then delete the PAKs themselves in the first Original Sin. Is this possible for the new game?

Asking, because anytime I try to re-pak the files I extract from the Origins.pak it seems to run into this issue:

https://i.imgur.com/DunflNN.png

This happens at the same exact point even if I don't edit anything and just immediately try to re-pak the file. Would be nice if I didn't have to worry about re-paking at all, but a solution to the above would work as well!

Appreciate any help you can give! Thanks!

Last edited by vometia; 29/09/17 08:43 PM. Reason: formatting
N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by MightyWulf
Yea I've tried to ways now. I've extracted directly into the data folder and starting the game as is and I still have to activate them through the mod list which disables achievements. I've also removed the mod named folders and just put their contents in public to see if that works, and it doesn't. Am I supposed to dump the mod folders in mods as well into public or what? No matter what I do it seems to be as simple as just extract and start but they don't work. Trying to the faster out of combat run speed mod, removed bush/rocks while sneaking (because I think it looks silly), party increase, and greed mod. No matter what I do they will not activate without me having to activate them.

Ah, you cannot reactivate achievements by just extracting it to the game data directory, as it is still a separate mod and needs to be activated.

Originally Posted by Whelch
Hey Norbyte, just wanted to say huge thanks for the save file editor - it allowed me to fix an issue I was having in my 4-p campaign (we couldn't add in a 4th "player" (true player, not companion player) after the campaign had already started).

You're welcome smile

Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm
Asking, because anytime I try to re-pak the files I extract from the Origins.pak it seems to run into this issue:

https://i.imgur.com/DunflNN.png

This happens at the same exact point even if I don't edit anything and just immediately try to re-pak the file. Would be nice if I didn't have to worry about re-paking at all, but a solution to the above would work as well!

That is indeed a bug that I'll fix soon.

M
stranger
stranger
M
That's the thing. I have a spare save file which I delete. I have one that is unaffected by mods which I save from and then test it on the other save but the mods never activate unless I turn them on from mod menu which gives me the warning and then deactivates achievements so I rinse and repeat. I'm also testing it by trying to pop the arena of one achievement and if I mistakenly pop that one I have two crafting achievements to back up on. I just know not to go for either achievement if the mods themselves aren't working without me having to turn them on from the mod menu.

Last edited by MightyWulf; 25/09/17 12:34 PM.
Draba #621458 25/09/17 10:45 PM
D
D
Fantastic editor. Managed to change my avatar's tags in save file flawlessly.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Oh! Awesome! I'm looking forward to the fix then! Thank you, Norbyte!

Last edited by LostAlgorithm; 26/09/17 08:28 AM.
Draba #621940 26/09/17 05:19 PM
N
addict
addict
N
v1.8.5 released!
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Changes:
- Fix CRC computation of zero-length packaged files
- Fix saving of savegame story databases
- GR2: Fix null reference exception if asset unit is missing

Draba #622243 27/09/17 06:48 AM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Hey again!

Was this most recent update meant to fix the bug I was encountering? I seem to still get the same error when trying to recompress the Origins.pak.

Additionally, when I try to extract Origins.pak now, I get the following error:

https://i.imgur.com/cZlqRFi.png

A note: I am extracting from a completely baseline Origins.pak, re-validating the files through Steam whenever the previous recompression attempts fail and cut the file short.

Ultimately, this means I can't extract a band new Origins.pak to see if it's my own modifications that are causing the previous issue still.

Either way, thank you for your continued work on this! You rock, Norbyte!

Last edited by vometia; 29/09/17 08:43 PM. Reason: formatting
Draba #622482 27/09/17 03:15 PM
N
addict
addict
N
I've fixed the out of memory issue. I've also re-checked extracting/recompressing Origins.pak, and it works fine for me with the previous version (1.8.5) & the current version (1.8.6), and both repack Origins.pak successfully for me.

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/nb-stor/dos/ExportTool/ExportTool-latest.zip

Whelch #624124 30/09/17 06:08 PM
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Whelch
Hey Norbyte, just wanted to say huge thanks for the save file editor - it allowed me to fix an issue I was having in my 4-p campaign (we couldn't add in a 4th "player" (true player, not companion player) after the campaign had already started). Details on the fix here for anyone interested: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=620936&#Post620936

I had the same issue as you, but I'm not sure which part/how to edit this. I found db_hasavatar inthe OSI tool section but not sure what to edit. :<

Last edited by vometia; 30/09/17 06:21 PM. Reason: formatting
Draba #624173 30/09/17 08:14 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi Norbyte, thanks for your continuing work on your excellent utilities!

I have a question regarding model export/import in DOS2:

I noticed that the GR2 to DAE converter loses the flowing-robe effects on some models (for example, Humans_Female_Armor_Mage_C_Lowerbody_A, which you can see in the character creation screens). I'm using Blender, but even if I skip that step and just go directly back and forth between GR2 and DAE in your tools only, the flowing effect gets lost.

Is this fixable somehow, like with one of the options? Is it a limitation of DAE format? Or something else?

Thanks again!

Draba #624440 01/10/17 10:39 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hey guys, I am trying to use this to edit a save game, and cannot get it to work. I am trying to extract the save atm.

I keep getting this error message:

https://ibb.co/cgTr0b

Any help would be appreciated! smile

UPDATE:
I must have tampered with the original without realising, creating a new save worked! I r noob.

Thanks! laugh

Last edited by mognoose; 02/10/17 03:26 AM.
Draba #624507 01/10/17 01:18 PM
N
addict
addict
N
I'll look into it. I haven't seen any special metadata in Humans_Female_Armor_Mage_C_Lowerbody_A that would explain the non-working "flowing robe effect", so it's probably tied to one of the bones in the skeleton.

Draba #624820 02/10/17 01:30 AM
D
stranger
stranger
D
So, is it actually possible to extract and edit existing animations using a program such as Maya or Blender? I've successfully managed to export and load the character models along with their basic rigs using this tool, but while I believe I have found and converted the animation files from GR2s to DAEs, nothing seems to happen when I import them into the scene (Re-saving the file confirms that no additional data is being imported). Can someone clarify for me exactly how this is supposed to be done?

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard