#572497 28/10/15 03:50 PM
D
Draba Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Does anyone know what exactly changed?
I'd like to be able to find every secret in the game, planning on either using spider + burn my eyes or a bit gimped rogue for detecting them. Would be nice to know roughly how much is needed/how much the spider has.

Draba #573071 30/10/15 07:31 PM
D
Draba Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
In case someone else wanted to know: spider has less than 10 PER. Didn't dive the files so don't know the exact value, in EE spider seems kinda low even with burn my eyes.

Draba #573115 30/10/15 09:52 PM
veteran
veteran
You could get a Ranger, they like Perception.

Draba #573132 30/10/15 10:27 PM
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Draba
planning on either using spider + burn my eyes or a bit gimped rogue for detecting them. Would be nice to know roughly how much is needed/how much the spider has.

What does the spider do? I looked at the summon spider geomancer spell and it doesn't say anything about boosting your perception?

Draba #573147 30/10/15 11:18 PM
addict
addict
The spider summon has 6 PER according to the game files. It was the same in the vanilla version, though. Burn My Eyes gives +2 PER.

Do You Like Dreams?
Arhu #573149 30/10/15 11:22 PM
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Arhu
The spider summon has 6 PER according to the game files. It was the same in the vanilla version, though. Burn My Eyes gives +2 PER.

I am still working through character creation so please forgive my ignorance but how does a summon having perception help you? Are you able to control the summon like a companion and use spells on them to raise their perception further? If so how useful is it since I think I read the spider is only around for 30 seconds?

Crine #573202 31/10/15 08:36 AM
D
Draba Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Crine
I am still working through character creation so please forgive my ignorance but how does a summon having perception help you? Are you able to control the summon like a companion and use spells on them to raise their perception further? If so how useful is it since I think I read the spider is only around for 30 seconds?

Some people used it to detect secrets(just summoned it in all suspicious spots). I didn't use it so dunno how useful it was, 6 PER certainly isn't much.

Yeah, I've kicked the rogue out. Guerilla is just bad since you can get an extra attack in and have ap to spare instead of using sneak for +50% damage.

Got a ranger:
- per is not entirely wasted
- with 2 mages every battlefield is an apocalyptic wasteland, rogue just got in the way and maybe got a backtab every 2-3 turns
- ranger doesn't need traits and skills so I've just given him bully/light stepper/scientist/1 blacksmith/1 crafting, still does the damage and crafting is much more convenient than swapping to Jahan

Draba #573208 31/10/15 09:19 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Draba
[quote=Crine][...]

- ranger doesn't need traits and skills so I've just given him bully/light stepper/scientist/1 blacksmith/1 crafting, still does the damage and crafting is much more convenient than swapping to Jahan

Wat?

I wouldn't presume to know exactly how D:OS:EE works in all regards just yet, but did you never try a Sneak/Guerilla Ranger?

Thinking that a Ranger doesn't need traits or skills just sounds like a tremendous waste of a ranger's potential.

Luckmann #573259 31/10/15 04:17 PM
D
Draba Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Luckmann
Wat?

I wouldn't presume to know exactly how D:OS:EE works in all regards just yet, but did you never try a Sneak/Guerilla Ranger?

Thinking that a Ranger doesn't need traits or skills just sounds like a tremendous waste of a ranger's potential.

As far as I know sneak now always costs 5 ap, so imo guerilla is kinda bad. Didn't try it yet with the special attacks, if it boosts splinter/ricochet and the like it could be worth it. But that's still just 1 point in sneak and 1 in guerilla.

I went through the talent list, the only thing that looks very good for ranger is bully. Did I miss something, what would you recommend?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard