Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Foxes Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Is it just a feature of Tactician mode or a bug? If both of my source hunters fall in combat, even if my companions are still alive I get a game over. I can't seem to find specific information on Tactician mode other than "Enemies do different stuff, and there are more of them."

M
stranger
stranger
M
That's how my DOS games worked. If the source hunters are both dead, its game over.

Keep one alive!

Foxes Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Meh, that's pretty lame tbh. I don't see the point of having a whole party of people if you're wiped when just two of them die. You should at least be given a chance to revive your main chars via timer or something similar.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Never played Baldur's Gate, have you? :P

H
stranger
stranger
H
I don't like this concept either. It feels odd that game is over even if half of your party is still around doing just fine.

It might have something to do with scripting.
(for instance some dialogues trigger automatically between main heroes and other characters, and a crash might occur if both your main heroes are dead at that point.

But I agree that your companions should be allowed to continue fighting provided at least one main hero is ressurrected before the combat is over.

Last edited by Hugo; 29/10/15 01:08 PM. Reason: minor spelling

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard