J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
EE ONLY!

[Linked Image]

Description:
Just replaces some of the male and female character portraits with custom ones.

DISCLAIMER:
I have no rights whatsoever to any of the art used in this mod, so I will take it down the moment anybody complains about it to avoid trouble, hope you understand. Also I was dumb and didn't save any of the artists name, so I really don't remember or couldn't tell you where I got this art from and I apologize to the artits or anyone whom I got these from. All I remember is that I got them around the time D:OS was released.
Because of that DO NOT credit me under ANY circumstances when sharing/modifying these files. I'm only sharing these because I already went to the trouble or making them work with the EE so I might as well share it. Hope I didn't forget anything, but if I did please do yell at me. And again, apologies for not remembering where I got these portraits from.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9a2iw5drdlemjqs/EE_Custom+Portraits.rar

Instructions:
As of yet I know of no way to overwrite the .pak files, so you'll need to do it yourself for this mod to work (If anybody knows a better way, please do let me know. Thanks). It's very simple, here are the instructions:

1. You'll need a .pak extractor. The only one that currently works with the EE is this one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32263228/dos/gr2/ExportTool.zip
Please do consider searching for a newer version yourself if this post becomes old, as there will probably be one in a few days (hopefully).

2. On the software I linked above, select both the desired .pak you want to extract and an output. Inside the software, select the tab 'PAK / LSV Tools', then on the 'Package path' field, go to the 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\' folder. The .pak file you want to extract for this mod is the 'Icons.pak' file. I strongly advise you to extract it to a separate and empty folder, so choose that folder on the field 'Extraction / source path' inside the software. I don't think it makes a difference, but for safety sake select 'No compression' on the 'Compression' option. Click Extract Package. Wait for it to finish then close the software.

3. On Windows, navigate to the folder 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\' and MOVE the 'Icons.pak' file SOMEWHERE ELSE. While you technically could just delete it, it would be a really really stupid thing to do as if you mess up any file you'll need to download that .pak file again, as opposed to just being able to extract it again if you haven't deleted it and just have stored it somewhere else.

4. Go to where you extracted the .pak file with the software. Copy everything into your game 'Data' folder (Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data).

5. Now all you have to do is take the files in this mod and copy them to the same place (Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data) and overwrite anything it asks you to. Done!

Last edited by Jeronimous; 29/10/15 08:54 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Thanks a ton! I was trying to do this last night but I had tunnel vision for the Textures pak so I didn't notice there was an Icons pak.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
If I do this do I need to be worried about future patches breaking the game?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hmm...there doesn't seem to be a need to unpack the pak file. I just inserted Portraits_MainPL_CP_Icons into the appropriate directory and the portraits showed up in game. I even edited the dds and added some of my own portraits and everything works fine without unpacking the pak file.

Last edited by Stabby96; 02/11/15 11:01 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard