Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sherico Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
First of all congratulations for the game that i must admit is AWESOME.

But i have this problem. Every combination i try from the manual of the remote controller of the robot doesnt seem to work except for the selfdistruct. When i played this on my pc version i had no problem, so:
it may be a bug
it may be an enhancement of the Enhanced edition so ther's an hidden reason for the malfunction of the remote.

I hope someone could help

C
stranger
stranger
C
I had this issue too.Sometimes the commands would work and sometimes they wouldn't.If I used the same command several times I could get it to work then but it wasn't reliable enough to make the fight any easier.I just kept the robot locked down with freeze spells and summons while I picked off the mages and then concentrated fire on the bot.Hard to tell whether or not the controller is bugged or if the devs wanted it malfunction.I'm on PS4 too so it might be a platform specific bug.

L
L
Same Problem on XBO, but you can just kill him without

C
stranger
stranger
C
I found the remote to be useless on PS4 an just used the levers.

Cas

A
stranger
stranger
A
The same story on PC. But there is a solid way to work around the bug - just don't let any mage minions to cast a lightning on the robot :claphands:

P.S.
Correction - Don't let ANY AIR magic to be casted on the robot (including your spells).

Last edited by AngelDSTU; 31/10/15 09:22 PM.
L
L
Same on XBO, remote don't seens to work as on the DOS 2014 version. Levers works fine.

K
stranger
stranger
K
"You can just kill him" hahahah a... Yeah, ok, if you say so.

The two mages always go first for me. As soon as his turn comes he kills the three NPCs and any that are near them. I'll try to freeze the robot, but I feel a little cheated. I didn't run all over town for 6 hours so I could go into the wilds unprepared. I found all the convos about it, got the controller and directions only to have them be useless.

Seems like this controller thing has been an issue for a while, they should have just taken the encounter out of EE if they couldn't get it working correctly.

Additional edit: this is just stupid. I've used the switches, I've used freeze... The only command I can get to work is the weapon deactivate. In the end it doesn't matter though. All the mobs die, ok np, but the stupid NPCs then run right up to the robot and get themselves killed my melee. Sure, I can beat the thing, but can't keep them alive.
Worst quest ever. Makes me want to stop playing.

Last edited by kmb08753; 01/11/15 05:21 AM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Are there many bugs in the game like this still? Because I can't save those three NPCs without the controller working.

I've been enjoying the game and dealing with some of the clunkiness, but if stuff is just straight up broken Ima be pissed about putting so much time into it.

(It's late and this had made me quite grumpy. Sry for the attitude, but nothing gets under my skin,more than stuff not working right. And they've had what, a year to get the controller working?)

stranger
stranger
This fight is tough. It took me a while, but I managed to kill him and keep all three alive. Here is what I did:

1. Use someone with sneak, split from main group to arrange the crates and pop the oil so NPCs get herded into oil. That way they crawl, not run, to their doom.
2. Position everyone but the character the NPCs are following as close as you can with out starting combat prior to fight. Use sneak again if a character is good enough.
3. I used teleport to drop one mage back by the NPCs near the start. That meant 2/3 of then stayed way back there and killed him. But this is optional, just more buffer.
4. Get two characters by the switches. That is why I positioned early. Use the character with the most AP in the spot with 2 switches to the right. Get another on the left. Keep them there until mages are dead.
5. If robot is charged, use all three switches to drain charge before his turn.
6. If you fail to use the switches in time, reserve the controller weapon deactivate as an Oh Crap to buy you another turn to hit switches.
7. Your remaining two characters keep everyone alive, kill mages, and CC boss in that order of priority. Keeping the boss CCed is not as critical if you can hit the switches. One mage always charges him, or heals each turn once he is under half health. If you miss a CC on the robot it one shots most characters and NPCs unless weakened. But you don't miss switches, and they work every time unlike the controller.
8. Once the mages are down, keep the robot CCed as a higher priority, as his regular attacks are still hefty. That increases chances NPCs live on this stage.
9. It was helpful to keep weakened on the robot through the fight.

The controller kind of works for me, but it won't respond every turn. It does seem to work if you haven't used it on the last 2-3 turns. The robot happily blasted me to smithereens even in party mode.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Thank you for the detail. Herding the NPCs might work. I noticed my control character had to get a little closer for it to work, but even then, it wasn't too helpful. All I could manage was to discharge it. Party and other modes don't do anything.

I don't really have enough skills to CC the robot regularly(what works on the thing besides freeze?). It would be helpful if the controller worked. Maybe I'm just using it wrong.

After 1.5 hours, I just let the dumb suckers die. It's not worth the frustration. I have no problem killing the mobs(ok, one person died, I didnt expect the robot to walk, ha. But resurrect and I was fine).

Maybe in the morning I'll try to herd the NPCs to keep them away from the thing.

Side note: charming the wizzies was useless, they still cast on the robot, ha.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard