Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rk47 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
R
Hi, I've been replaying the EE for a bit and noticed despite some changes there's still a few issues that have yet to be addressed. I know requesting for big changes to be made for this edition is pretty demanding, and I was hoping if it's not even possible, at least take this into consideration when you're developing the sequel.

1. Blacksmith
I appreciate that the repair object no longer require me to pass the item to the Blacksmith character to work. But do I really have to specify what I want to repair one by one?

Larian, you need to understand. Putting people under those endless micromanagement just results in fun being drowned by tedium. I always dread seeing the 'damaged gear' icon on my character portrait after combat because it's just more tedious clicking. There is no cost involved.

[Linked Image]

Why not just add a "Repair All" button for Blacksmiths?

2. Identifying Object
if Blacksmithing is universal with magic pocket allowed, why not identify? I open a crate with my Highest Lucky Charm character, found an unidentified weapon and I can't identify it because my Loremaster is not the one opening the crate. This leads to me right clicking the object, click pass to Loremaster, then open Loremaster Inventory, and then right clicking on the object, and then clicking on the Identify object.

[Linked Image]

Done? No. We're not done yet. What if it's something you don't wanna use? What if it's junk you want to sell off? Just sell it off right? Wrong.

[Linked Image]

See Number 3.

3. Bartering
You have to pass the unwanted junk to the guy with the highest Bartering if you want to enjoy the discount. Yes. That's how it works, because if you want extra gold from ten stolen paintings, you have to pass it all to the Barter guy. If not the skill won't be used. Holy crap. Why not just make it a party-wide skill like leadership? I don't really quite understand the logic in making things more tedious and just when I think having zero bartering skill made me skip past this nonsense, I was wrong again. Turns out NPC REACTION also matters! If you get negative reaction due to Talent like 'Know it All', you pay more. So you pass it to another guy who had no penalty to earn more.

[Linked Image]

Please. Larian. Don't do this.
Don't do this.
Humanity has a limited time to live.
They also have a limited time to play and have fun.
Doing all this inventory shuffling circus isn't fun.
It's a tedium that kills any fun.
If you can't fix it now, that's okay. But please don't let this nonsense repeat again in the sequel or I will order KFC and pretend it's your head as I bite every single one of them.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by rk47; 31/10/15 07:04 PM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
The lore master works fine.. But make sure the person with the skill in the group, has the lens in their inventory smile

You don't need to pass the item off to be identified..

I agree with everything else you raised though smile

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Yeah, this seems to be the main complaints from the reviewers with all the clicking and managing you still have to do, just too much micromanagement. They need fix/improve this with an update patch hopefully.

veteran
veteran
I'm not sure why repair of items didn't get dropped entirely in the original anyway, considering it got nerfed so hard from the initial idea it's basically a non-issue at the moment, only an annoying busy-work...

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
To reduce clicks make it so if you put "Repair" or "Identify" skill to your hotbar and use - it would be equal to selecting respecting option in context menu. Currently it tries to repair/identify with current character, instead of one with highest skill. I was really surprised it didn't work as I expected. With this change you'll need to use skill once and then click once on each item - saving half the clicks and mouse moves. Bonus points if selecting this skill would auto-repair/identify all items in inventory. Also, identify help tooltips should probably state that identifying glass is not consumed in the process. Or better - drop glass from the process altogether, since it is trivial to get one, all of them are equal and they never break.

veteran
veteran
The problem is that a lot of that was originally desinged for MP/co-op and it still is.

If characters are played by different persons all of that makes real sense. In SP though, it's pure tedium and utterly pointless, I fully agree.

I really hope that for DOS2 Larian will come up with a system that automatically detects whether you play in SP or MP and changes some systems from "character-based" to "group-based" respectively. "Group-based" for SP should mean then that the highest social skill of any character in your group defines your group level for everyone in your group (bartering, charisma). Same applies to talents like pet pal which should work for anybody in your group in SP. Repair all and identify all should of course also be a no-brainer imo.

WOOS

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard