Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
A problem is still a problem. Several post on RPGCodex and Gaf have brought up this issue.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ZoddGuts
A problem is still a problem. Several post on RPGCodex and Gaf have brought up this issue.

And did you pass on the solutions that have been posted in this thread? Or did you just stoke the fires with misinformation to drum up misguided support? Because there's a pretty important difference between a "would be nice" or "quality of life" suggestion and a problem.

What do you see as the "problem" here? That you might have to be more cautious with your clicking? That you might have to use one of the other perfectly acceptable alternative methods of attacking a target? I think we've discussed two different alternatives at this point.

If you want the *option* to have static figures on your battlefield (because I sure don't, and I'm willing to bet many wouldn't), offer it up as a suggestion. But don't dress it up as a bug or problem with unwarranted comments like " Come on Larian you should be better than this by now...". ouch

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
It seems you're trying too hard to defend them on not fixing their mistake, but a problem is still a problem. Hope you get it now. smile Anyways the alternatives provided by other people will be used by Larian, they can't ignore this issue and other problems (item micromanagement, shooting arrows from the knee) that still plague this release.

Last edited by ZoddGuts; 03/11/15 06:23 AM.
veteran
veteran
Most action RPG's use left-mouse to move/attack, right to ONLY attack. So you can use the right if you're scared of moving too far away. Seems perfectly fine to add here.

Removing idle animations however in combat: HECK NO.

veteran
veteran
The issue can easily be avoided by yourself with a little bit more time. Why the stress? Just be more relaxed and don't click on everything like a lunatic. If you do combat a bit slower the issue isn't an issue after all, especially not with the new 360 degree camera imo.

WOOS
C
CK1 Offline
apprentice
apprentice
C
Cyreal North Gate - walk out the front gate to fight Rob Zombie (kudos, hilarious reference). In tactician mode, the fight will aggro by the bridge. Headless (or bottomless, I forget, but they are there) zombies are MUCH harder to hit when knocked down and when you mouse over the center of mass the game will switch from "move" to "target" in real-time. You have to play a "quick time action" sequence to time it just as it hits the right one. This can be quite fatal in honor since you could end up running through a pool of poison.

The work arounds are nifty but it is annoying when after each attack it recycles back to your character so now you got to do this all over again. The real-time target switching is particularly annoying. I'm used to that sort of game play but I don't really expect it in this sort of game.

Honestly, that area was probably the worst offender, but other parts the enemy will animate so much that you will misclick if you keep it at his center and hit the wrong time.

Even if you use "control" in melee, you won't end up moving (and taking more damage over time or knock down if you are on ice), but you can end up hitting the ground and doing zero damage.

Not sure why everyone is defending the current system so much. Just add a pause feature or whenever you are about to target something, auto-pause or make it an option. Having more options is a good thing and doesn't hurt anybody else.

Last edited by CK1; 11/11/15 12:59 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard