Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Waltc Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
...restored. It was, sad to say, far, far better in the original game. I was particularly disappointed in the by-play between Esmeralda and Septimus in her shop. In the original game I thought those two not only had an incredible chemistry between them (that was obvious audibly!)--but their banter and byplay was some of the most brilliant voice acting I've ever heard in a game. So superior to the EE. It was hilarious, actually, to listen to. Every time I'd hear it I'd smile. The same characters in the EE are flat, uninspiring and a bit boring, actually. Esmeralda was such a tease originally--she was great! But the EE rendition is just dull and uninspiring, imo--nothing like the original.

I think any EE version of a game should build on the original and *preserve* the truly great parts of the original--but especially, nothing should get downgraded in an EE version. The EE is superior to the original game in many ways--except for the Cyseal voice acting. My opinion is that the voice acting was simply better--sometimes much better (Esmeralda and Septimus, the merchants in the square, etc.)--in the original, and I really wish this could be rectified. I think it would be worth putting right.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Waltc
...restored. It was, sad to say, far, far better in the original game. I was particularly disappointed in the by-play between Esmeralda and Septimus in her shop. In the original game I thought those two not only had an incredible chemistry between them (that was obvious audibly!)--but their banter and byplay was some of the most brilliant voice acting I've ever heard in a game. So superior to the EE. It was hilarious, actually, to listen to. Every time I'd hear it I'd smile. The same characters in the EE are flat, uninspiring and a bit boring, actually. Esmeralda was such a tease originally--she was great! But the EE rendition is just dull and uninspiring, imo--nothing like the original.

I think any EE version of a game should build on the original and *preserve* the truly great parts of the original--but especially, nothing should get downgraded in an EE version. The EE is superior to the original game in many ways--except for the Cyseal voice acting. My opinion is that the voice acting was simply better--sometimes much better (Esmeralda and Septimus, the merchants in the square, etc.)--in the original, and I really wish this could be rectified. I think it would be worth putting right.

I agree 100%. I like Madora's story and abilities and enjoyed using her in the original but her voice now is just so annoying that I can't. I just plain can't stand her. The same can be said for a lot of the new voiceovers.

I understand that better voice actors may not have been financially feasible to do the entire game but I really wish they'd at least TRIED to find good ones.

That and I really dislike the 3 options for female source hunters. I miss the options from the original.

Last edited by Vometia; 08/11/15 07:16 AM. Reason: formatting

"You either die the hero or live to see yourself brought back in the sequel as an angsty magical terrorist."
-Serious brownie points if you get the character to whom I am referring.-

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard