Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I did my best to try and find if there was a way to submit a formal ticket for the game, and if there is one, it's hidden pretty well.

I know I'm not the only person with this issue seeing as there is another post in the EE:General forums (http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573358#Post573358) and there have been a couple topics with several replies on the steam discussion board.

In a nut shell, it seems that Victoria will have the Language of the Faery book the first time you talk to her; however, after that point in time the book disappears. Being as by the time you first reach Cyseal, most people are not going to have the extra coin to buy the book (or know that they need it) - this leaves most everyone without an essential item for a future quest reward that comes pretty soon after you leave Cyseal.

On my solo, lone wolf playthrough I was smart enough to steal a few things and grab some money before talking to Victoria and managed to secure the book when I first spoke with her. So, the book is definitely in the game and obtainable from her (at least at that point).

A quick fix of some sort would be greatly appreciated since most of us are far enough along now to where we really, really need this book asap. If anyone else has ran into this issue and figured a fix out, please let us know as well! Thanks!

Last edited by l3rokken4ngel; 03/11/15 08:22 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
This is an old bug that was present in DOS. There are posts on Steam and Reddie from July of 2014 reporting this bug. I can also confirm that I experienced it in DOS EE as well.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Really? I never ran into this issue in old DOS. frown Hopefully they will fix it somehow.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Happened in my playthrough as well.

Like you described, Victoria had the book the first time I talked to her, then I came back later so I could pickpocket it and it was missing.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Ah so you did try pickpocketing it? Fiance suggested trying that when we started playing tonight (which we are about to), but clearly that's not an option then. *sighs* I was really hoping that might work... hate missing out on loot we need.

I think what bothers me is the sheer amount of bugs that people have been reporting in various areas such as here, facebook, and steam and no one has bothered to address them - some people can't even save their games! I've learned that my F5 auto saves don't always work as well, but I can do my regular saves just fine so that was no big issue for me (among other little bugs that sorted themselves out).

So many bugs that should have been ironed out before release, or at least have them acknowledge they're working on an update since the game came out last week. frown

Last edited by l3rokken4ngel; 04/11/15 07:19 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Pickpocket just give you access to the character's personal inventory (which you already have access to when you try to trade with Victoria), so....there isn't any point.

Here are the relevant reports on Steam and Reddit that I mentioned:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230230/discussions/0/613937306663339572/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOr...a_doesnt_have_forgotten_language_of_the/

Both were from September of 2014. I think the bug may have been patched after that, but it seems some old bugs already patched in later versions of DOS are appearing in DOS EE....don't know what the heck is up with that. Seems like some DOS users had recommended using Mooseedit to add the book--unfortunately we don't have that option at the moment with DOS EE.

Last edited by Stabby96; 04/11/15 10:54 AM.
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I think I recall someone talking about a "mooseedit", but had no idea what they were talking about. We just got through with the treasure room and had to look depressingly at the stone chest. frown Checked, hoping against hope, she may have had the book in stock - no luck. Guess it's a waiting game now... though I'm sure by the time it gets fixed we'll be long past that point. I hate not being able to complete something! lol

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Soooo another issue I just ran into is that the two stat books the Keeper of Secrets sells have also disappeared. They were there the first time we talked to her, just like Victoria's book, but they are now gone.

Link Copied to Clipboard