Print Thread
#574417 06/11/15 12:41 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I'm playing though with the EE.

I remember when I played this there was a chest beside the well in Hibberheim. I'm trying to find the item to let me into the treasure room and I am stuck.

All the guides I have read online mention a chest beside the well - but there isn't anything. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

stranger
stranger
I have noticed this too, no chest frown

W
stranger
stranger
W
In case you haven't figured out already. The chest has been moved. Its passed one of those statues and is locked behind a fence/gate thing. There is a small puzzle you have to do to open that gate.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Could you spoil the wishing well trap puzzle for me? I'm at the Hiberhelm well and I've tried sneaking past and putting items on the pressure plates, but nothing seems to unlock the gate to the switch. What am I missing?

C
C
The pressure plates are traps that put lava I think?

You have to not be spotted by the statues that's about it I think.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I think it's a completely different puzzle than the original. The gate is locked past the first sentinel, so I can't flip the switch to the second gate, and no amount of plate pushing opens it and no key that I can find.

L
L
Maybe this helps:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

J
stranger
stranger
J
Right, but how do you get to the lever and chest beyond the sentinels on the left and right gates?

There is a lever behind another locked gate guarded by a sentinel and two pressure plates: one of which is linked to a smoke cloud and the other I don't know does anything.

The second switch is behind lava and sentinel which I assume is deactivated by the first lever.

I can get past the first sentinel to the lever, but the gate is locked with no key.

Last edited by JT47319; 07/11/15 02:42 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by JT47319
Right, but how do you get to the lever and chest beyond the sentinels on the left and right gates?

There is a lever behind another locked gate guarded by a sentinel and two pressure plates: one of which is linked to a smoke cloud and the other I don't know does anything.

The second switch is behind lava and sentinel which I assume is deactivated by the first lever.

I can get past the first sentinel to the lever, but the gate is locked with no key.

Wondering the same thing. Will update with solution if I find it.

Last edited by Vometia; 07/11/15 09:02 PM. Reason: formatting
L
stranger
stranger
L
Me and my brother just found out how to do it and get the royal guard talisman.

On the side with the lane of lava there is a lever vertical right beside that sentinel if you push that lever the left side gate unlocks and goes down then you can hit the lever on that side to open the gate to the chest which contains the royal guard amulet.

i had put perception on my brothers character im not sure if you need it to initially see the first switch but i hope this helps for you all to get the chest.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Used one of my characters (Scoundrel) with the ability Winged Feet to run over the lava and throw the switch mentioned above. Easy peezy.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I can see the lever in question, though I'm slightly at a loss as to how to get to it without being incinerated, frustratingly. Fire-resistance scrolls don't work on lava, apparently telekinesis doesn't let me grab the lever even when standing just a few feet away, and dropping things on the traps doesn't get rid of the lava. I discovered the sentinel isn't invulnerable, but destroying it didn't seem to accomplish anything useful, so I seem to be at an impasse...

J'aime le fromage.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Best way I've found is to use winged feet other than that maybe kill sentinel then tornado or develop over 100 fire resistance so fire doesn't hurt u.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I don't have a handy scoundrel (though I suppose it's about time I found Wulfram: feel bad for ignoring the poor guy!) but hadn't thought of trying the tornado thing: I think that's my best plan once I'm back home (D:OS doesn't run on this ancient laptop laugh ).

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Tornado does not work; any other suggestions ?

Originally Posted by Vometia
I don't have a handy scoundrel (though I suppose it's about time I found Wulfram: feel bad for ignoring the poor guy!) but hadn't thought of trying the tornado thing: I think that's my best plan once I'm back home (D:OS doesn't run on this ancient laptop laugh ).

old hand
old hand
bump

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Oh, yeah, as ExuroAether and Legotron2 hinted, I got the handy burglar from the Cyseal caves who used his winged feet ability to get to the offending switch. After that, everything was pretty straightforward.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
You don't need anything special other than 4 empty barrels (or anything of similar weight) which are available near where you fought the guardian, if you didn't destroy them.

On the western side, stay hidden in the smoke cloud and put 4 empty barrels over the lava vent. This will prevent lava from flowing through even if detected. Stand on the pressure plate next to it to deactivate the 1st lava trap on the eastern side. Go there with another character, sneak behind the sentinel and pull the lever to open the western gate. Pull the western lever to open the eastern gate.

old hand
old hand
I tried this; the barrels burst into flames if I am seen (I used 4 per your suggestion)
-
Ok thanks. I got it; what I did was put a heavy weight on the pressure plate and then used invisibility to do the rest.

Originally Posted by Vaxsan
You don't need anything special other than 4 empty barrels (or anything of similar weight) which are available near where you fought the guardian, if you didn't destroy them.

On the western side, stay hidden in the smoke cloud and put 4 empty barrels over the lava vent. This will prevent lava from flowing through even if detected. Stand on the pressure plate next to it to deactivate the 1st lava trap on the eastern side. Go there with another character, sneak behind the sentinel and pull the lever to open the western gate. Pull the western lever to open the eastern gate.

Last edited by meme; 15/11/15 06:06 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard