Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#574444 06/11/15 03:36 PM
Koan Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I assumed Ability levels maxed at 5, requiring 15 ability points to max out a particular Ability, able to max 3 things.

I just noticed in the Dual Wielding Wiki a stat description for level 6... so i'll stop assuming. 21 ability points to max something? Wow! And you only get 49?

Is this noob missing something?

Help, please.

Koan #574448 06/11/15 03:49 PM
veteran
veteran
You can only put 5 ranks worth of points into an ability, but there are bonuses from items and certain Talents that an boost your total rank above 5.

Koan #575083 10/11/15 06:46 PM
veteran
veteran
6 is the cap however, if you have items boosting it to 7, it will still just give the 6-stats (atleast this was the way of the original, I think it stayed in EE even if I'm not that far yet).

Koan Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks Hassat.

It seems there are a lot of opportunities to make wrong choices in character progression, like wasting 5 ability points to boost something to rank 5 and then finding an item that boosts it, and oh wait, you've hit a cap, now your character is nerfed.

Which abilities have caps? which abilities can be boosted by items? by how much?

Can skills be boosted by items?

I DO like that you can enhance your characters using a variety of methods, I.E. 1) leveling up point allocation, 2) equipment, 3) role playing choices (traits). I don't like the lack of transparency and the ease of which you can create a broken character and feel the need to start the game over...

For example, being allowed to put points in dual-wielding and single-handed when some players' intuition leads them to make that choice even though the bonuses don't stack. I'm just glad i had a nagging suspicion about that case in particular and checked these forums. There are others i'm sure i'm not yet aware of.

Give some small print warning at least.

Last edited by Koan; 11/11/15 01:20 PM.
Koan #575268 12/11/15 03:24 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Koan
Thanks Hassat.

It seems there are a lot of opportunities to make wrong choices in character progression, like wasting 5 ability points to boost something to rank 5 and then finding an item that boosts it, and oh wait, you've hit a cap, now your character is nerfed.

Which abilities have caps? which abilities can be boosted by items? by how much?

I DO like that you can enhance your characters using a variety of methods, I.E. 1) leveling up point allocation, 2) equipment, 3) role playing choices (traits). I don't like the lack of transparency and the ease of which you can create a broken character and feel the need to start the game over...

For example, being allowed to put points in dual-wielding and single-handed when some players' intuition leads them to make that choice even though the bonuses don't stack. I'm just glad i had a nagging suspicion about that case in particular and checked these forums. There are others i'm sure i'm not yet aware of.

Every skill has a max level of 6. It gains the same boni per level as it did on level 1-5. You can find any attribute as a bonus on items without exception. But I would never count on it and always plan your character according to what you need most. And Dualwielding 5 is a must if you go down that path. Your equipment changes over a lot and even if you happen to find a +2 dualwielding equipment which would be 1 wasted point as it would only increase 5 to 6 you will eventually switch out that equipment with something else. The only difference between 5 and 6 is the same increase you get for every point in that category. --> you won't get any special boni like 3 ap lower cost for rank 5 on dual wield. Such huge boni are always achievable WITHOUT equipment boni. wink Enjoy!

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
6 is the cap however, if you have items boosting it to 7, it will still just give the 6-stats (atleast this was the way of the original, I think it stayed in EE even if I'm not that far yet).

Hmm....this can't be right. I have lots of ability boosting items and managed to get one skill boosted to 9. It shows that on my paperdoll (in this case, it's pickpocket)....although, are you saying that no matter what it says your ability level is, the maximum bonous granted will be that of level 6?

Last edited by yupper; 15/11/15 09:31 AM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Everfades
Thanks Hassat.

Every skill has a max level of 6. It gains the same boni per level as it did on level 1-5. You can find any attribute as a bonus on items without exception. But I would never count on it and always plan your character according to what you need most. And Dualwielding 5 is a must if you go down that path. Your equipment changes over a lot and even if you happen to find a +2 dualwielding equipment which would be 1 wasted point as it would only increase 5 to 6 you will eventually switch out that equipment with something else. The only difference between 5 and 6 is the same increase you get for every point in that category. --> you won't get any special boni like 3 ap lower cost for rank 5 on dual wield. Such huge boni are always achievable WITHOUT equipment boni. wink Enjoy!

This isn't true at all...

Crafting maxes at 5, there are no recipes that require 6 nor does 6 produce items with better stats. Barter has no set max but you can't raise it past 7 without modifying the game. Weapon skills have diminished returns after 5, for example, bows 1-5 are +10% damage per level, but 6 is only +5%.

The only skills that cap at 6 are Bodybuilding and Willpower, with a 90% reduction each.

Last edited by Sotanaht; 15/11/15 12:36 PM.
Koan #575587 16/11/15 04:09 PM
Koan Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice

It sounds like the first responses were incorrect and/or guesses. I'm really interested in figuring out how the ability capping factually works so i don't waste precious ability points down the road.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard