Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi all,

is it possible to get Level 20 for all Companions?
(Madora, Bairdotr, Wolgraff, Jahan)

If 2 Companions are not in the party, they do not gain enough XP to level up...?!

By the way:
What do you think is the Best Party (Build)Setup?
1xMage, 1xKnight, 1xRanger, 1xThief?
Or something else?

Thanks for any help wink

veteran
veteran
I believe that the Companions always auto-level to your current level once they are switched back in. Henchmen do not. So level 20 is as easy as getting the Source Hunters to level 20.

The real barrier to not switching party members is not much of a barrier, it's just that switching them around could miss one or the other of some special dialogue, and you generally want to keep the ones you have to match your party's configuration.

A balanced party is generally best for the first run-through. What combination you want is up to you.

Well, now I want to see the mod "Source Hunter's Day Off", starring Madora, Bairdotr, Wolgraff, and Jahan as the party while the Source Hunters are passed out from booze in a tavern and miss everything.

S
S
Companions auto level when you re-recuit them to your EXACT xp level. Even if it's not a full level over where they are they are instantly granted that much xp. Henchmen however (as purchased in the hall) gain no bonuses whatsoever, even going so far as to get the exact same amount of exp you get when fighting enemies who are much higher level than they are.

There is a bug however, that a companion/henchmen who is not in your active party will lose a large portion of his or her inventory. DO NOT store excess items on unused companions, and it would be wise to completely strip them of everything but their current equipment before dismissing them.

As far as a balanced party, I used double-warrior mage archer myself. I find that rogues are simply "less good warriors". In classic you can get away with nearly anything and if you can survive cyseal in tactician you are probably good for the rest of the game continuing on the same way.

Last edited by Sotanaht; 07/11/15 11:52 PM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I believe that the Companions always auto-level to your current level once they are switched back in. Henchmen do not.

...but they do not!

I finished a quest with Bairdotr and gained 180XP.
8000XP + 180 (Quest) XP = 8180XP

After that, I exchanged Bairdotr with Wolgraff. Wolgraff gained only 10XP. 8000XP + 10 (AutoLevel) XP = 8010XP

Is it a bug?

Link Copied to Clipboard