Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Yeah, this one is a nasty bug which is not exclusive to D: OS and I don't know if this is game related or not. I'm talking about the Ps4 version FYI.

So, my brother and I were playing online coop and arrived in Silverglen. He was the host and saved in the local inn. The next day, after installing the newest patch 1.02, he tried to load our most recent save file but during loading screen (about 75% loaded) the game crashed with the above error code. Oh well, a corrupted save can happen once in a while, right? Luckily we had plenty so he loaded a slightly older save file and we continued our journey, in the meantime I reported this incident here. Everything seemed to work and when it was time to call it a day again he saved and reloaded immediately after to make sure everything's fine. Which it was. The next day, loading this most recent and 100% confirmed working save game booted him out again. And not only that one, every save game did. Doesn't matter if manual save, quick save or auto save. Whatever happened to our first save file must have spread like a virus, rendering all our saves broken. So we googled and learned that this is a bug that can happen to a magnitude of games but usually affects only a few people. We've also tried the suggested actions.

He deleted and reinstalled the game - no luck.
He rebuilt the database - no luck.
He initialized the console (wiping everything) - no luck.
He uploaded his saves for me to download and try with his account - no luck. I would get the same error which means it's 100% the save files that are corrupted.

Now, before we start over again and waste another 50 hours, is there a chance that the save files have somehow become unusable because of the patch? Like, some conflicting data or something? And if the patch is indeed responsible could it be fixed with another patch so that we can continue from where we left? I've seen a few reports about save files that went completely missing after these unlucky people installed the patch so maybe this is somehow related or even the same bug with the only difference that our files are still there albeit broken. I think one of the things the patch did was wiping the save file after dying in honour mode, maybe there's a connection?

[Edit] Or maybe (I'm using a lot of maybes here) there might be a problem with the Luculla area? Click and click

Now, losing 50 hours is frustrating enough, but even more so if this happened again. Proficient feedback would be much appreciated.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Hey Perform hard Reset most cases it will resolved this major issue
check for other option here https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/ps4-error-code-ce-34878-0/

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard