#575262 12/11/15 02:41 PM
V
Vivian Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Hello,
Been trying to defeat this battle but at a total loss here. I have tried everything i could think of, used the remote control from close with all different sorts of combinations but nothing works it seems. The machine says its getting weaker or that the weapons are useless but nonetheless i get one shot by its electrical attack. No matter what i do, be it conventional or unconventional methods i cannot get past this fight.

Help would be greatly apriciated :-)

Last edited by Vivian; 12/11/15 02:41 PM.
veteran
veteran
Use the discharge electricity command. A-A-S. That may help.

C
CK1 Offline
apprentice
apprentice
C
Without using sneak or invisibility, you will need > 1.7 movement per AP to get to the switches in time. Ideally you have at least 7 speed. If you have to, you can consider removing armor to get that movement up.

There are 3 switches in the battlefield. 2 on the right (your right) of the giant robot. 1 on the left of the giant robot. They are sort of hard to see, but they look like big metal boxes with levers on them.

You want your fastest (most action points) character in the lead position to reach furthest of the 2 switches. You want your slowest initiative character to use the remote control.

You MUST activate all 3 switches EVERY round. If it looks like you do not have enough action points to hit the switch, your "slowest" initiative guy should use the Angry-Angry-Sleepy command. (I think it's the middle button twice bottom button once). I heard that this does not always work every round though so try to hit the switches instead.

Now, if you can knockdown the robot by knockdown arrow (it's possible, but not a guarantee) then you can avoid a switch throw and poke at him. He can still hit you with a very powerful ranged attack even with all 3 switches pulled. I'd keep health pots on everyone just in case.

Last edited by CK1; 12/11/15 05:36 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I defeated the Sparkmaster without using the switches or the controller. Had my strongest character go into sneak mode and move the oil barrel on the right side to center first then had my ranger hit it. Spread out my group in sneak mode so they weren't too close to each other in case of electrical attack; hit the mages charging it hard with spells, arrows and grenades to kill them off and used stun and knockdown on the robot to limit its attacks. The three wannabes died because they ran up to it but none of my party died and none of them got below 40% health during the fight. Oh yeah, a summon or two will keep him focused on them instead of yourr party.

addict
addict
Use Discharge ( a-a-s ) and Vent the Steam ( a-h-a I think? ). The first will remove his electrical charge granted by the undead mages. The second will spawn a big cloud around him, leading to an easy stun every time someone tries to electrify / supercharge him. Basically he won't act from the entire fight if done right.

Last edited by Dr Koin; 12/11/15 07:52 PM.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I used one character with the remote, who dicharged and disabled. The rest just killed the lot of them in a couple of turns. No switches. Mind you, this is Explorer mode. @Dr Koin: That sounds brilliant!

veteran
veteran
I just beat that battle myself.

I ignored the switches, had no summons. My main melee fighter died once (which is better than the first time whre she died twice, and Jahan died to a post-boss airstrike).

My biggest complaint is that it is unclear what the "Disable Weapons" (S-S-H) command does. Yes, I know about the "Discharge Electricity" command, and the enemy mages/mechanics spent basically the entire fight hard CC'ed or dead.

What I don't understand is how long the Disable Weapons command lasts. The mechanics are not undoing that work and fixing the weapons because they were hard CC'ed/dead. But without apparent warning the weapons get fixed and I can be killed in two hits in the same round.

Anyone else think there should be a status icon over the Sparkmaster's head to indicate that the weapons are down so you know when that wears off. Or would that make the fight too easy?

C
CK1 Offline
apprentice
apprentice
C
I think if they just tell you in the battle log "weapons have been repaired" just like they tell you when his "ultracharge" is ready that would suffice.

Great job guys on a lot of creative ways to beat this guy! smile That's what I love about this game. More than one way to skin a cat... er.. robot. smile

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
What I don't understand is how long the Disable Weapons command lasts. The mechanics are not undoing that work and fixing the weapons because they were hard CC'ed/dead. But without apparent warning the weapons get fixed and I can be killed in two hits in the same round.?

Yeah I have no idea either. To be totally honest I have no idea what the disable Weapons command actually does. He still destroys thing in melee range, so I suppose this only counter his rocket barrage skill which isn't very dangerous ( and can even be used against him, just move your characters behind him to bait him, and whenever he is readying the Barrage, get the hell out of there! This seems to get friendly fire so he will actually kill the mages ).

And since anyway it's possible to easily perma-stun him, the only real bother is discharging him whenever he wakes up..

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
V
Vivian Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Thanks for all the tips! I have been able to defeat the battle by pulling the wizards away one at a time with some sort of telekenesis spell, then the device won't get charged and is easy to kill.

journeyman
journeyman
A cat lover friend of mine asked me not to use that phrase as it conjures up a very ghoulish image. I guess in this case "more than one way to short circuit a robot" is apprapo.

veteran
veteran
I seperated my chars and everybody was sneaking when they get past the soldiers. This way they do not follow you to the battle.

I was lucky that the enemy stunned the robot when he charged it. Keep the robot CCed (frozen worked fine) and use your strongest attacks and you should be fine. Discharging the robot, use summons as meat shield and attack from the distance works also well if CC fails.

The trick with steam+electrified cloud sounds nice.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard