Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So im in Black Cove, and ive just met and given Headless Nick his head back.. I have not yet gone below, to deal with Pontius.. Since theres now a portal there, i decide to head back to Ed of Time, to "gift" some wears to my teammates whom are sitting.. To gain some Attitude(and unload weight)..

Anyway.. After im done, i use the pyramid to go back to "Derilect Cove".. All 4 teammates are chained together...3 of them Jahan, Bairdotr, and my Witch endu where i told them to go.. My Fighter, is in the room with all the switches, with the giant skull for a doorway.. Some switches make a chest appear.. Some make explosions, or stun clouds, or poison, etc.. Hes still linked, but the pyramid did not keep him with the team.. I took screenshots.. I havent even been here yet ( i know what it is from previous playthrough)

Ive had something similar happen with the pyramids before once.. Only not to this extent..

Support
Support

Do you have a save from before that happened, where this may be repeatable?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a brief description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool. Extract the zip file somewhere, run the AnalysisTool.exe, browse to the install folder if it is not automatically detected, optionally run the tests first, and generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip; keep the most recent save before this happened, and the oldest after.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'll check.. Though i doubt its going to be consistently repeatable.. As i said, its only happened twice, and both times, it was when using the pyramids.. Be it throwing them to a platform, bringing 2 separate teams together, or (as the topic of this post indicates) using pyramids to port to a fast travel location..

If it helps, the 1st time it happened, it appeared as though the "teleport" moves in a straight line.. It may not be visible to us, when the mechanic happens, but when my character got stuck, it was between the start point, and the end point.. Almost as though 1 characters positioning was placed on the map, at the next available point for him to stand.. Since it was likely right up against the edge of that room, he was placed on the "other side of the wall" so to speak.. Does that make sense?

I feel as though the same thing happaned here in Black Cove..As the Button Puzzle to reach Pontius Pirate, was between the End of Time(the room where your teammates wait) and the fast travel spot for the Derilect Cove, or Derilect Dock (whatever its called)...

Either way, ill look for a save, and try to send it.. I technologically inept, so this may not go well... Ill see if i can get my wife to do it..

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=555160228
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=555160908

Im not sure if that helps or not.. But thought id show them all the same.. In the shots, you will notice they are unchained.. I assure you this is no prank.. I did it so i could move around without moving the other group.. Not thinking, i did it BEFORE i thought to take a screenshot..They were indeed linked before, and after the teleport was executed.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard