Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#575487 15/11/15 03:24 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I've noticed this for every single Headless Zombie i encounter.. They all have a blinking "?" above their heads.. I dont see any quest for them, and i dont understand what/if this status effect is, or means..

Anyone seen this, or know what the reason for it be?

stranger
stranger
A body without a head is a body without direction for where to go and what to do.

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

Steam ID: darkflemish
enthusiast
enthusiast
The headless zombies are new enemies from the EE. The description in the changelog states
Headless zombies are fast but blind. As long as the player keeps moving, zombies will
have to look for them.

journeyman
journeyman
The question mark simply means they don't know where you are and where to go until you do something to attract them. Attack then move and they remained confused.

apprentice
apprentice
Are these impossible to backstab without status effects?

Last edited by galneon; 16/11/15 11:11 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
All zombies bleed poison so killing one close to you causes ooze to flow and possibly poison you. They also have a disease attack. Best to kill them at a distance or with a long two handed weapon.

apprentice
apprentice
Ah, I actually meant would it be possible to get them into a position to backstab them without stunning them or similar first. Because of their acute hearing (their neck hole houses a giant eardrum, of course) they face you as soon as you move. Might be possible to backstab them by attacking them with one character while the rogue is already in position for the backstab.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard