A
Divinity: Dragon Commander.
Divinity: Original Sin.
Divinity: Original Sin 2.
Divine Divinity.
Beyond Divinity.
Divinity 2.

It's right?

Last edited by Alidgi; 15/11/15 06:59 PM.
Alidgi #575522 15/11/15 09:32 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, that is the right order smile.

Last edited by Zelon; 15/11/15 09:32 PM.
Alidgi #575547 16/11/15 03:05 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Alidgi
Divine Divinity.
Beyond Divinity.
Divinity 2.

It's right?

This is not correct.

Dragon Commander
Divinity: Original Sin
Divine Divinity
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Beyond Divinity
Divinity 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Beyond Divinity may be interchanged, I think they might happen at the same time, but I do believe that Divinity: Original Sin 2 happens before that.

Last edited by Haleseen; 16/11/15 03:06 AM.
Haleseen #575548 16/11/15 03:33 AM
A
Alidgi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Haleseen

Divine Divinity.
Beyond Divinity.
Divinity 2.

It's right?

This is not correct.

Dragon Commander
Divinity: Original Sin
Divine Divinity
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Beyond Divinity
Divinity 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Beyond Divinity may be interchanged, I think they might happen at the same time, but I do believe that Divinity: Original Sin 2 happens before that.

Why you think that DOS2's story happen after DD? Please explain in as much detail as possible.

Last edited by Vometia; 16/11/15 12:45 PM. Reason: formatting
Alidgi #575551 16/11/15 04:31 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast

Why you think that DOS2's story happen after DD? Please explain in as much detail as possible.

According to posts and articles:
http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1349217

Devline Summary

Last night, Swen and Sarah broadcast a new episode of our Larian Devline Q&A Twitch stream, playing the prototype in cooperative mode and answering questions. Click the link to watch the vids, but if you’re in a hurry, here’s the summary, courtesy of our friend, the very brilliant Stabbey.
[omitted for clarity]
Can you meet young Damian? No, this is just before Beyond Divinity, he's still stuck in Nemesis.
[omitted for clarity]

Alidgi #575590 16/11/15 04:38 PM
A
Alidgi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thanks a lot for information.

Alidgi #643791 18/03/18 03:23 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
I don't understando people keep throwing divinity 2 at the end of the chronology.
Zix Zax is less "advanced" in the divinity 2 and the dragon tower is actually the same as the void area (where the generals lived) in original sin but before being ripped apart and staying in another dimension... These things put it pretty early in the timeline

Alidgi #643792 18/03/18 04:11 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
You missunderstood in D2 -> Damian was defeated and banished (which he is during BD and D:OS2), came back AND defeated Lucian the second time with a compromised dragon. Sometime after that D2 starts. So yes it is the latest.
True the black ring fortresses do have certain design elements similar to the void, but the "corruption" that we saw during OS2 never appeared to be there.

Apart from this official timeline it can be argued that both Original Sin-parts exist in a different timeline. Since especially in the second one some serious changes were done in personality of characters, and a lot of things that seem important are simply not mentioned in the other games lore and vice versa. But so far we do not have a certain explanaition why they act so strange and clash with their morale and lore.

Sadly Larian has the (IMHO) bad habit of jumping back and forth in the timeline with each game so it is never 100% certain what happened why and when exactly.

Last edited by MAsterX; 18/03/18 04:14 PM.
Dewann #643797 18/03/18 06:53 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Dewann
I don't understando people keep throwing divinity 2 at the end of the chronology.
Zix Zax is less "advanced" in the divinity 2 and the dragon tower is actually the same as the void area (where the generals lived) in original sin but before being ripped apart and staying in another dimension... These things put it pretty early in the timeline

Divinity 2 is set in the year 1300, Original sin is at the beginning of that calendar; the others are set between about 1220-1250 as I recall.

The maps are quite speculative (speaking as one of the speculators) and Larian have never confirmed the relative locations except where explicitly named e.g. Aleroth, and nor do I expect they will; though I would hazard a guess that the "void area" is significantly to the south of Sentinel Island and the fjords.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #644563 01/04/18 02:14 AM
D
stranger
stranger
D
true true, but if i'm not mistaken the garden there does have the same name as in d:os

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard