Next Thread
Print Thread
P
pyro117 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I have been mostly loving Divinity on the PS4. However, there are some changes made in the EE edition that causes quite a bit of frustration:

1. Vendors never change their inventory on the PS4. I simply cannot find Blacksmithing/crafting gear and had to respec my character to be able to use those skills.
2. Nothing better than defeating a level 16 fight and then getting into the area chests to find all level 9 gear. In a game where gear is restricted by not allowing farming and vendors that never change their gear...
3. Tenebrium requirements for creating gear? Really, we not only can't find gear to up our blacksmithing/crafting. I now need to use points into Tenebrium as well.
4. Traits - why doesn't the system tell us what this affects? In a conversation with 2 options, I have no idea that the statement I pick will affect what trait. Seriously, I always guess wrong so my Traits are all messed up. Really need some hint or clarification that picking the following will result in a Pragmatic +1 or Kindness +1 ,etc...

Also, is there anywhere to know/find out what Larian is working on with the EE version? I would love to know if any fixes for the issues/frustrations I am having with the game are coming or not.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I am on PC, but...

1) vendors restock in my game (although they don't seem to get rid of the items we sell to them). I see them restock spellbooks and ingredients (which are the only things I ever bother to buy). They are suppose to restock whenever your characters level up and also every 24 hours. Are you not seeing this at all?

2) Well....that makes the high end loot rare (which I like). Nothing more annoying to me than when a game is saturated with high end gear like Diablo--munchkinism overload. Although this game is already pretty saturated with high end gear in spite of...

3) Yeah, I don't like this one. Although many people end up spending points in tenebrium anyway (instead of weapon skills). Still, crafting seems rather lackluster for me already that I wonder if it's really worth spending points on. I only ever use crafting/blacksmith to enhance weapons and armour that I find, because they are usually better than what I can craft from scratch. Unless I am missing something.

4) That's role-playing. If they told you definitively the effects those dialogue choices will have in the dialogue itself, everyone will just use it to min/max (and then there wouldn't be much role-playing, just pure power gaming). Actually, many people already use that to min/max, since there are a few online guides/walkthroughs.

Last edited by yupper; 17/11/15 03:42 PM.
P
pyro117 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
@yupper

1. The spell books restock but the inventory never changes. The weapon vendors/armor vendors never have anything new except maybe 1 new item. The PS4 is definitely not seeing vendors change inventory. I verify this after each level and sort by "newest" - when the newest items are the stuff I just bought coming back, there is a problem.

2. What high end loot? I am level 17 in the game and have yet to find 1 peice of gear I would consider high end. No legendary items either that any team member could use. I have 2 mages, 1 archer and 1 figher (Jahan and Madora). I think the highest gold item I have found was a crossbow at level 12. Nothing since then.

3. It is a definite area of frustration

4. Seriously, I am not a youngster. I have been playing video games since the Atari 2600. The problem I have always had with these dialogue choices is that - What I expect to happen never does. I see a statement and read it as - oh this should be kindness, and what I need so I pick it. Then the reaction is totally different than expected and I get Pragmatic or something else.... When you have these types of dialogue choices and you are role playing as a certain type of character - sarcastic, goody too shoes, etc... The role playing falls apart when you don't have a clue as to what the game will do with your response.

Last edited by pyro117; 17/11/15 04:08 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Im playing Tactician, on PC, and heres now its been for me.. Its my understanding that this is universal for all platforms, though bugs and such, obviously can effect each differently.

1) In the Original, and now in the EE im seeing regular cycling of supplies.. Thats equipment, spells, scrolls, mats, single use items, weapons, and armor.. I utilize all of my characters, and sue majority of the vendors, and this has been universal.. Though, like yupper states, the items ive vendored, remain.

2)I took a screenshot of the giant spider boss in Black cove where it dropped 2 purple, 1 gold, 1 blue, and 1 green item, along with 2 or 3 items..I got a gold item from the champion room in the end of time (always do, the 1H axe) i got a gold club (clobbering time) from the lighthouse boss, along with a purple weapon, and a grren and blue item.. In fact, my lvl 8 tank, has majority of his gear purople (and i dont purchase those.. My money is spent on mats, and spells in the beginning).. His bag, has another 10 or more purple, half a dozen golds (gold means indestructable) and a ton of blues and greens.. Id say these items starting appearing around lvl 5..Full disclosure, i did purchase all 4 weapon kits from the undead vendor on Cyseal beach.. Staff and sword at lvl 3 (befoer i could use them) and the bow, and 2handed later, around lvl 6 or 7.. Perhaps what you have equipped affects loot outcome? Like an overall gear lvl.. I doubt it, but its a thought.. Rng.

3) this never bothered me.. Any Blacksmith who wants to specialize in a specific material needs training with it.. Similarly for a combatant needs training with any weapon he/she wants to use..

4) The top answer is always Blunt or Rude, and the bottom answer is always a compassionate, or friendly answer.. I have to agree with yuppers here.. Seeing what the effect is would ruin immersion for me.. I dont look at the traits as a must have, and i only ever choose a reply that fits my character.. Its a bonus, nothing more.. If it wasnt the way it is, its nothing more than another stat choice, and it would suck... This way, it feels more natural.. Ofcourse you always have people who prefer to save before each conversation to see what the outcomes are, and thats fine.. If you want to pick your answered based on the traits, this is all that needs to be done.. You initiate all conversation anyway..

P
pyro117 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
@Rizilliant

Remember I am on the PS4 which is not on the same patch level as the PC.

1. I definitely do not see vendors changing their inventory. Cyseal vendors have the same exact inventory now (I am level 17 - as they did at the beginning of the game). There are several spells that nobody sells that I had to craft - Undead novice spell - that really should be a spell that somebody sold....

2. We really aren't seeing that many drops. My Mage is still using white boots at level 17. Something is definitely different between the PS4 version and the PC version.

3. When the only information you get is "need higher tenebrium in order to craft" - then what do you set it to? How do you progress in the game without tenebrium weapons? We eventually found some tenebrium based weapons, but it was a struggle.

4. Your immersion is different than mine then. I get frustrated when I think an answer that I am picking will yield a certain results but it is usually different than what I expect. Therefore breaking immersion for me.

Anybody know if the vendor issue is for everyone on the PS4 and Larian knows about it? I can't seem to find any specific console patch notes/upcoming fixes.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by pyro117
1. The spell books restock but the inventory never changes. The weapon vendors/armor vendors never have anything new except maybe 1 new item. The PS4 is definitely not seeing vendors change inventory. I verify this after each level and sort by "newest" - when the newest items are the stuff I just bought coming back, there is a problem.

I am not on PS4 so you could be correct about this being a bug. But on PC original and EE, I can verify that ingredients and spellbooks restock (but sold items are never removed...guess these vendors have no other customers except the player...). The wiki states on level up and every 24 hours (which has been my experience as well). So if you are not seeing that, it's verified that your game is bugged.

2. What high end loot? I am level 17 in the game and have yet to find 1 peice of gear I would consider high end. No legendary items either that any team member could use. I have 2 mages, 1 archer and 1 figher (Jahan and Madora). I think the highest gold item I have found was a crossbow at level 12. Nothing since then.

From level 1 - 10, all my best gears are found, not crafted (even when I have someone in the party who has craft and/or blacksmith 5). I think at some point, the level of loot starts to even out, such that higher level items will always be rare and lower level items will be in abundance (and near the end of the game, you will have to have crafting to enhance your gear in order to have the "best" gear). This is different from the loot scaling of games like Diablo or TES: Oblivion (bandits in leather and fur when player character is low level, then with full set of ebony armour when the player is high level, that was a nightmare and immersion breaking...) where the loot scaling always parallel character level. At least, that would be my guess. Otherwise, the in game economy would be horribly broken and the vendors would never have enough gold to let you liquid loot once you reach a certain level (in fact, that may already be the case).

Last edited by yupper; 17/11/15 05:53 PM.
P
pyro117 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
[quote=yupper][quote=pyro117]
[/quote]

From level 1 - 10, all my best gears are found, not crafted (even when I have someone in the party who has craft and/or blacksmith 5). I think at some point, the level of loot starts to even out, such that higher level items will always be rare and lower level items will be in abundance (and near the end of the game, you will have to have crafting to enhance your gear in order to have the "best" gear). This is different from the loot scaling of games like Diablo or TES: Oblivion (bandits in leather and fur when player character is low level, then with full set of ebony armour when the player is high level, that was a nightmare and immersion breaking...) where the loot scaling always parallel character level. At least, that would be my guess. Otherwise, the in game economy would be horribly broken and the vendors would never have enough gold to let you liquid loot once you reach a certain level (in fact, that may already be the case). [/quote]

I have over 50K in money and having issues with too many items that I can sell but no vendors have any money.

Is there any place where Larian talks about upcoming patches for EE?

apprentice
apprentice
Yes thats very odd indeed.. Perhaps you are correct in that you are experienceing a bug.. Certainly by lvl 17 you should see change.. While some of the items, for me, may be the same, some are not as well.. In this playthorugh, im still at the point where Novice, and Adept lvl spells are the majority.. I havent yet seen a master spell.. My highest Skill for any of my chasracters is rank 3..So if the vendor is only changing a few stock items per lvl up/24hr/etc. then its a higher chance that there will be similar items.

Like yupper said, this isnt like Diablo where your supposed to advance all gear every lvl or 2.. At lvl 20 you may still have the same belt you initially aquired.. You may find a better one.. Bu since the stats are +1, or sometimes +2, they dont really get underpowered.. The same cannot be said for weapons, as those you want changed regularly.. But gear pcs seem to hold value, even later on.. Ones with Armor stats, or % based stats advance a bit better however.. Even though i have lot of purple and gold items, some of them have only one stat on them, since they were found early. (i could have sworn Larian stated we would NOT find good gear early often, but later on, blues would be common place)

As for Tenebrium, i thought the game was possible to complete even avoiding it completely, but i could be wrong.. I tihnk i Gave madora a Tenebrium 2 handed mace, and Bairdotr comes with a point in Tenebrium, but thast all i ever did.

As for Dialog, we'll have to agree to disagree.. I dont know, or care about the trait the dialog gives.. I play it as i setup my character, an anything that comes of a dialog choice, is a bonus..Some of the traits i have work, some make no sense.. Like Backstab on my Fighter, or Crafting on my mage who doesnt craft.....For the most part, the stats are atleast useful to everyone.. Like Leadership, or Crit Chance, or Immunity to fear and charm.. These are helpful to everyone..Even if not Optimal.. There are only a very small few that you wouldnt want.. Immunity to fear actually saves you a point in Talents.. I think you only get 6 talents, so freeing one of those up is godly..

P
pyro117 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
We made it to the Hunter's Edge village and found 3 new vendors. Nothing of value to any members of our team. So we are killing everyone in the village including vendors - why not, the gear won't change.

Seriously, this issue with the vendors is really putting a damper on my love for this game.

I wish I could get somebody from Larian to explain if this is a bug or just how unlucky I am with the RNG, but no indication anywhere that this is a bug or expected behavior.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard